Rural King tractors

/ Rural King tractors #1  

Durbob

Gold Member
I visited my first Rural King today in New Castle ,Indiana and looked at their tractors. The 20 hp 2 wd with 3 cylinder, turf tires, and power steering is $3999.00. It has the new cluster gauges, but not the spring seat on it. They had a 25 hp 4 wd for $5999.00 and a 70 hp with cab and air for 16,999.00. They also give a free 30 hr oil change if you bring the tractor in. They told me if i filled out and was approved for their credit card than i get 10% off my first purchase. I filled it out and was approved. That gets that 20 hp down to 3,600.00 and also that gets the koyker FEL down to 2,699.00. That would get the 70 hp down to $15,300.00. That 10% includes everything i purchase with the card the first time. I was sooo close to pulling the trigger but the wife was with me and needless to say it didn't happen tonight. But, it is good anytime i choose as the tractors weren't sale priced so i didn't feel pushed to do it tonight. That tractor was such a pretty orange color too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Rural King

Dur

/ Rural King tractors #2  
Yep got mine that way.
Way good deal on a fresh new tractor.
Im planning on going back for a 40 Hp. If I can get the discount

/ Rural King tractors #3  
Looks like a nice deal!!

Who makes them for them? Are they Jinma's??

/ Rural King tractors #4  
20hp and 25hp are Jinmas. 40hp and above are Futian (blue) or Foton (red).

//greg//

/ Rural King tractors #5  
Just open another credit card in your wife's name /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Rural King tractors #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I visited my first Rural King today in New Castle ,Indiana and looked at their tractors. The 20 hp 2 wd with 3 cylinder, turf tires, and power steering is $3999.00. It has the new cluster gauges, but not the spring seat on it.
Dur )</font>

Hey DurBob,

I ordered my little 224 with the springseat. I thought I wanted one with a springseat, but wasn't really sure if it would make that big a difference, but now I wouldn't have a tractor without one. If you can't get the tractor ordered that way, just make sure that you negotiate the option with all the necessary mounting hardware that you need, for the seat to operate correctly.

You're saving money anyway, so why not get the tractor set up like you want it from the get go. They'll probably order one for you set up like you want it,, but if they won't my dealer will. It just takes a few months to get the tractor when you order it.

Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Rural King tractors #7  
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe in the fine print in their flyer, there are some exclusions to the 10% off with a new account, and Tractors is one of the items listed as not available for 10% discount.

/ Rural King tractors
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm not 100% sure, but I believe in the fine print in their flyer, there are some exclusions to the 10% off with a new account, and Tractors is one of the items listed as not available for 10% discount.
)</font>

The manager told me i could get 10% off the tractors. Hopefully he knew what he was talking about and Rdbigfarmboy said he just purchased the 70 hp at 10% off. The 25hp really isn't that great a deal at $5399.00 imo as the 20hp at $3600.00. It seems like it would be a hard price to beat. I think you would have to get them cheap to make it worth your while because i'm sure that they would need a good goin" over and everything brought up to snuff on them.

/ Rural King tractors #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The 25hp really isn't that great a deal at $5399.00 imo as the 20hp at $3600.00. )</font>
Keep in mind that the 20hp is 2wd, and that the mower hanging underneath it is window dressing. In the fine print you'll see it's a $999 add-on.

Note also that they have slashed their full 12 month parts & labor warranty down to a "limited 6 month warranty". Read THIS. The requirement that warranty work must be done by Rural King shop repair personnel scares me. Eyeball that list of parts not covered by warranty too.

//greg//

/ Rural King tractors
Yes, i have looked at one on the lot and knew the mower didn't come with it. I would say that the things that the warrenty doesn't cover is probably about right as long as the expensive things (motor,tranny,rear end) are covered. The clutch would probably be a pain to replace though. I was quoted $200.00 for a 2 year extended warrenty by Rural King. Still, $3600.00 for a 3 cylinder, power steering with turf tires seems like a really good deal to me. As of right now i doubt that i buy it anyway. Momma reminds me that there are more important things on the agenda right now. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif