starter motor

/ starter motor #1  

legbreaker

Im having trouble with my starter engaging. Lately it just spins until i turn the key a second time. im also having trouble finding out where to buy a new one since the company i bought my tractor from went out of business. i use this tractor (farmpro 2425) commercially so i would like to fix this problem before it gets worse. also what is the equivalent to jinma, 200 series or 300 series? any suggestions where to get one or how to fix it. thanks

/ starter motor #2  
Go to the Yellow Pages under auto repair and find a place that rebuilds starters. I have had tractor starters rebuilt for $25.

/ starter motor #3  
HI,
We have new starters in stock. the 2425 is a 200 series, the starter for the 300 series (30 and 35 HP) is different.
You may be able to pull it and clean/lube the bendix if the motor itself it spinning well...
I just paid $ 130 to get a starter fory my Hyster rebuilt. Now days it seems starter shops can only rebuild if they have the parts like rewound armatures, in stock. In the old days, they has spools of wire...this is progress...so I'm told...

/ starter motor #4  
<font color="blue"> any suggestions where to get one or how to fix it. thanks
</font>

Hey Legbreaker,

I get my OEM parts from JinmaParts.com.

I've tried in the past to have a starter rebuilt, but it was a waste of time and money for me, so I recommend getting a new one, if that is the problem. Talk to Chad and tell him your problem, before ordering, as he may have an alternate solution.

Have a nice day,
Joe

/ starter motor #5  
Isn't this the common problem with the starters that no one can fid a fix for...except to wrap it in a heater blanket? The starter turns, but won't engage the flywheel. I know mine does it about every 3rd start. If someone has found a fix, then please post it.

/ starter motor #6  
We have all the replacement parts for your tractor in stock,please check out our webpage

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales web page