Newby - jinma hydraulics - fluid change

/ Newby - jinma hydraulics - fluid change #1  

idahobill

Tractor
Jinma 284LE
Here are some Jinma Questions, any assistance will be appreciated.

I’m getting ready to do the 15 hour fluid change on my Jinma 284LE. I have seen a hydraulic filter mod but have a question about the filter location, in both the mods I looked at the filter was added on the left side of the tractor and involved cutting into the return line of the hydraulics system. Since I do not have a loader on my 284, is there any reason NOT to install the return filter on the right side of the tractor just before the input (the hose I assume) of the hydraulic pump??? There is a quick disconnect there (for the loader I assume) that I could replace with the filter if there is no reason to NOT install it there.

I am finding that information on the hydraulic system on this tractor is hard to come by, does anyone know if the quick disconnect that comes out at the rear (next to the seat) is controled by the 3-point hydralics or is it just a supply line???

In addition, does anyone have a document that covers the FLUID CHANGE, I have found a number of references for drains, and some for fill locations, but I have also found some information about additional fill/drains that are not covered well. I am not sure I have found all the info I need to change all the fluids successfully, I just want to make sure I do everything I can at this point to prolong the life of the tractor.

THANKS!!

/ Newby - jinma hydraulics - fluid change #2  
Welcome to the forum Bill. Since you got a LE model, I'll assume you've got dealer support after sale. That's one of the most important elements of getting off to a good start with a Chinese tractor. Don't be afraid to use your warranty rights, after all - you paid for them.

As far as your questions, everything you've asked has been covered in previous discussions here - often on multiple occasions. That QD you mention is actually on the supply side, so to avoid redundancy I suggest you take the site search engine for a test drive and poke around in what's been hashed out in the past. If there are still questions after that - and I'm sure there will be - c'mon back for some fine tuning. There's a lot to learn, so take it slow. If you try to jump right in with both feet - its not difficult to become overwhelmed (information overload).

//greg//

/ Newby - jinma hydraulics - fluid change #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There is a quick disconnect there (for the loader I assume) that I could replace with the filter if there is no reason to NOT install it there.
)</font>

No, that is the high pressure side of the pump. Probably would blow the filter apart. It needs to be on the low pressure side, either return or suction line. I have seen pictures of new tractors that have it installed on suction line. You might be able to just buy a filter kit and two lines. Alternatly, you could DIY it on the return line.

/ Newby - jinma hydraulics - fluid change #4  
Bill,,

The rule of thumb is screens on the suction side and
pleated filters on the return line. NEVER put a filter on the pressure or pump output. It will explode..

Regards
Graham

/ Newby - jinma hydraulics - fluid change
Thanks John, thats what I needed to know, it seamed that the hard lines would support higher pressure, I guess not, anyway I will look at the hardline on the pump and see if inserting the filter there will be easier than next to the seat (I think it would be protected better next to the pump).
THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Bill

Thanks Graham,

I just had my ins and outs mixed up, don't need any exploding filters on the tractor, don't know if my heart could take the excitement /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hello Greg,

I am still running through some additional searchs, I had looked through before but didn't have much luck, but I'll double check and get back with those "return questions"!!!!
I appreciate the help!!!!!

THANKS!!
Bill