jinma or yanmar?

/ jinma or yanmar? #21  
Well hate to say it but the ymg2000 is not worth 8000 to me! I don't know if I would lay it out on the Jinma either but between the two of them I would take the Jinma. I would prob go for a powershift model yanmar cuz that is what I did..I love the thing......

/ jinma or yanmar? #22  
Chief....of course it is grey.. Unless you know of a Yanmar tractor that was sold new in the US in 1999.

/ jinma or yanmar? #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Chief....of course it is grey.. Unless you know of a Yanmar tractor that was sold new in the US in 1999. )</font>

Ah, you got your hands on some of the pre-lawsuit Wallace tractors?

And yes, I was under the impression that Yanmar USA sold new F-series tractors in America right up till just a few years ago. Guess I was off by a few years

//greg//

/ jinma or yanmar? #24  
I am a direct importer; I don’t buy nor have ever bought or had dealings with Wallace or any of his dealers.

/ jinma or yanmar?
The Jimna turns out is being sold as used with 8 hours on the
meter. The guy probably pick up a container and is selling
from his garage with no warranty. The price comparably is
not bad but I'll have no support from this seller I'm sure of that.
The California market must be a little higher than the
rest of the country. I see better deals on ebay
in the midwest and south. However shipping to California would make the local prices look the same. But honestly, I think all the prices
I see on used tractors in general are really high. The thought
of $8000 bucks on a (who knows how old tractor) blows me
away. But these guys get the there price out here.
The guy with the Yanmar seems to know how to get the
parts needed for these grey market Yanmars so I guess
I leaning toward the Yanmar now.
Thanks
to all who posted.
bwp50

/ jinma or yanmar? #26  
I just sold my mid eighties yanmar 1601d. I has some problems like getting a fuel filter... had to change the fuel bowl to a john deere cannister to get the filter to fit. I had the spider gears go bad and took 1 1/2 months to get new ones. I just purchased a farm pro and are very pleased with it. I purchased it from homier, there service techs know the product. Its been a great tractor so far.

/ jinma or yanmar? #27  
I love my Yanmar but I got a 2210 with powershift trans,front end loader, new 4ft brush hog for 6k. I think you should shop around for other yanmars out there.. Go with the power shift...You have ports so I think prices should be lower than Kansas......With Ebay kicking the Gray market Yannys off it is harder to find the good deals. Price are up a little since I bought mine but I think negotiations might be in order.... At least continue to shop around. I am not there to evaluate the quality of this Yanmar either....If your looking at manual transmission there are other gray market brands like hinomoto, mitsubishi,shibaru, etc....I would go with the Yanmar powershift trans.....