JM (Jinma) 245D

/ JM (Jinma) 245D #1  

amarks41

Tractor
Kioti CK 20 HST
I'm looking to buy a JM 245D w/loader for light work around the house. I keep reading about "buy the upgraded model not the basic model". Does anyone know what that means??

/ JM (Jinma) 245D #2  
The new models have a spring seat and a sleeker look to them. Some of the newer models have shuttle shift available.

/ JM (Jinma) 245D #3  
Aside from better looks, the only functional difference is the spring suspension seat, which you can buy at local tractor store for about $75-100. I still prefer the individual guages on the "basic model" although our KAMAs come with all in one and we have not had too many problems with them so far, it is much easier to just replace one gage than the whole panel.
mechanically the jinmas are the same, just different fiberglass and minor feature differences so I wouldn't pay a lot more for the "upgrade". I think dealer support available will play a bigger role in your tractor enjoyment.
I'm courious, what is a 245D this is not a jinma factory designationl...

/ JM (Jinma) 245D #5  
Hey amarks41,

My vote goes for the OEM/Factory Spring Seat,, it's a good seat in my opinion and is designed to fit the tractor. That's what I got with mine, and I wouldn't have a tractor, without a spring seat now. If I had the option for the Shuttle Shift, I would probably want that as well, but that was not an option for me.

For Light duty around the house, I think that you will like the 224. Mine is pulling a light duty 5' box blade and It is doing a good job for me. I intend to do all my grass cutting, augering, ditching and other utility chores around my place with the 224.

Have a nice day,
Joe

/ JM (Jinma) 245D #6  
I second Joe's remarks. I have a 224 with 55 hours it is a real work horse. I have many mountains on my property and it never ceases to amaze me what this tractor will do. Last week I am putting fencing over a 5 acre paddocks the only way to get the 16' oak fencing boards from the trailer to the fence post is to lift them with the 3pt and drag them up a very steep mountain. I had my brother-in-law helping for the day. He was having trouble walking up the hill while the tractor was pulling 40 boards. It is really surprising that this small of a machine can do so much work. It has really made my life alot easier.