valve cover gasket for jm224 y380

/ valve cover gasket for jm224 y380 #1  

mark_anthony123

anyone know where I can find one? is this a common ford part?

doing my 50hour head retorque. 90 foot pounds sound about right? a friend of mine said diesel's are torqued higher.

Thanks, Mark.

/ valve cover gasket for jm224 y380 #2  
We have the valve cover gasket, but normally you can reuse the one on there, also they are easy to make. Don't know what Ford would have to do with it?

120+/-5lbs on the head bolts, don't loosen, just make sure they are all tight.

/ valve cover gasket for jm224 y380 #3  
I was helping a friend retorque his head and set the valves..He said he looked all over for a valve cover gasket,,I asked if he looked in the "tool"box that came with his 284?? There it was,valve cover gasket,head gasket,lights etc. did you look in yours?
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ valve cover gasket for jm224 y380
you might be right, i'm at work right now but I will look. I did get a kit the 224 that had head gaskets etc.
Do you think it's worth checking the lash? I have about 80 hours.

/ valve cover gasket for jm224 y380 #5  
You have to remove the rocker shaft assy anyhow to check the torque on all the head bolts and it's a easy job and good expierence checking the valve lash. I wouldn't spend a lot of time on them.as valve lash checking and feeler gages are a go/no go type of adjustment.(some people with "gorilla "hands can make anything a "go"). and it's another bonding expierence with your tractor??
Who know's if there way off maybe it'll even run better. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif