Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #1  

Hagar

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jimna 284
Does anyone know the changes between the two. I have a supposed standard 284 but I need the Loader mount kit for and LE.

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #2  
The standard 284 and the 284 LE are different mounting kits depending on battery location??What brand loader are you going to use ??I'm confused you have a standard 284 but you want the loader kit for the LE ??

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE
I have a 284HD Jimna from Nelson Equipment. He says its a standard Jimna. It has the battery/weight box such that the battery is below the radiator. The box is wider than the frame that holds the engine, radiator etc. I also ordered and received a Koyker 160 loader with mounting kit for "standard" Jimna. My option was to get a mounting kit for 284 or 284LE. The front bracket (Koyer calls yoke) expects to flush mount to frame. Instead this bracket needs to offset one end of it because the battery box is wider. Talking to Koyker they say I need the LE kit. So my question is really about other differences. If I don't really have an LE but for whatever reason need the LE bracket but the rest of the LE doesn't work because I have a Standard 284. I am worried I have some kind of hybrid for whatever reason. Are there other differences that I have to worried about. The engineer at Koyker thought that the Axle Bracket (the bar connection rear mounts to rear axle to control torque) might be different and that I may not need new rear axle plate (the piece that the axle bracket connects to as well as the ROPS and Fender mounting bolts).

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #4  
The kit for the Farm Pro 2425 has the offset for the dropped battery. The guys at Koyker have a hard time keeping up with all the Jinma variations...

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #5  
On the rear axle mounts: Not sure, but believe that Koyker rear axle mount ties into the bolts that fender/rops mount to rear axle. See plate #1 in http://www.johnstractor.com/files/Fenders.jpg BTW, the plate is backwards in the diagram. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This mount is for the old style 3pt arm sway adjusters. The old style used turn buckle adjustment. The new style have a pinned arm, for adjustment. This pinned arm, I believe has a different plate than the old style in this picture. Consequently, that might have caused another minor change to the Koyker mounting kit. The new style adjusters came out around the same time as the recessed battery, and other available options, that are commonly refered to as "LE" model. I suspect you have the new style adjusters.

Anyway, that is the only change I can think of that might have drove a change in that area.

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #6  
I switched the Koyker 160 loader from my 224/2003 version Jinma & put it on a 2004 284LE. Battery box on the LE was lower/wider. Only thing I had to modify were the "yokes" to go around the batery box. Rear axel mounts though the newer Jinma style, bolted right up the the Koyker frame stiffeners without modification. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #7  
The new axle plates are pre-drilled from the factory to accept the Koylker axle support bars (thanks Jinma!) but the turnbuckle style requires installation of the axle plates that come in the bracket kit. the main brackets are the same as are the axle support bars.

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #8  
My 284LE came with the turnbuckle style axel plates... I thought I was going to have to switch the 3 point old style bars from the 224 to the 284/I kinda liked the turnbuckle stlye & thought I was gonna lose them but the Koyker frame stiffeners bolted right up to the turnbuckle style axel plates & I was able to keep'em...

/ Difference between Jimna 284 and 284 LE #9  
We havn't got any jinmas in with the old turnbuckles, guess they are drilling the axle plates on all of them.. so far the Farm Pros we get are not pre drilled, but most of them have been here in storage for a while before we get them.

Soon Koyker may be able to eliminate this item from the bracket kit and reduce the cost, of course that will mess up someone putting a loader on