New owner questions

/ New owner questions #1  

hbaird

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma JM200LE
Just got a new JM200LE. I paid $3599.00 for the machine. A local trailer sales business tried one container and quit. It was a choice of the 200LE or a JM2000 recon for $3295.00. I feel 3 cyl., power steering, the spring seat and new is better. A few problems so far. The throttle linkage will not get low enough or high enough. Seems to be binding somewhere. A small hydraulic leak near the brake pedal area. I had a 2 mile run down the highway shoulder to get a brush cutter installed. Comming back at idle the oil pressure went down to the red line, but would go up with RPM. The temp held 80C the whole trip. Every gearbox control is VERY stiff. Almost can't shift low to high, engage the PTO etc. Fit and finish is way below the Janmar. How is the fiberglass holding up on older machines? The steering at highway speed was vague. Is this normal?
Thanks for any suggestions,
hbaird

/ New owner questions #2  
Welcome to the group hbaird!

First off, hbaird, the board on my end appears to be broken. Anybody else got comments on that?

With that out of the way hbaird let's have a run at your questions. Number 1 it always helps us guys if you fill out the profile section about yourself and what you have for a tractor. A JM200LE sounds like a 20 hp, 2 wheel drive with the single cluster instrument panel. A JM brand of tractor is probably a Jinma by manufaturer make. The price is about the usual. You did not get "stung" unless you're left helpless for support. As for the stiffness in controls, not unusual. However, not knowing where you bought it and the condition it is in makes it difficult to diagnose any concerns you may have. A new Jinma can be stiff, as you put it. I have never had mine in 3rd gear and in the hi-axle and in non-creeper or I quess you could call it 9th gear at full throttle, but beleive me I can tell you it won't steer like a car. Way to fast for me! I assume Janmar is Jinma? The "hand" throttle" sounds like it needs some oil, mine did and after oiling it I had to retension the nut to keep it from slipping back to an idle. As for the small leak, sounds like the wrenches may need to come out. Oil everything, they take a beating during shipping and all the fluids need to be changed it your dealer didn't do it already. Sounds like you have a "virgin" machine and it needs to be gone through from front to back completely or many more problems will arise. There are many helpful people on the board the support or sell these and will be more than happy to chip in to solve any problems you may have.