Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid???

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid??? #1  

hbaird

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma JM200LE
Fuse didn\"t fix it. Bad solenoid???

New fuse got power to the Ignition switch but starter try pegs the Amp Meter. I measure about about 1 Ohm to ground on the output terminal of the solenoid with the starter disconnected. This can't be right. Can the solenoid be disconnected mechanically from the starter? Any help please.
Thanks for any assistance,
Harold

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid??? #2  
Re: Fuse didn\"t fix it. Bad solenoid???

How do you know that clutch safety switch ain't bad,,you could try and bypass it,,are you sure battery is good,,,maybe check/clean connections on starter,,if it ain't any of those,,including fuses,,maybe it is your starter,,if its silanoid,,you could take a screw driver and cross terminals on starter,,that might tell you if silanoid was bad,,[we used to do that years ago on some of the junk we had],,put it in netural first,just in case,,thats about all I would know to do,other than take key switch out and replace,should be able to hot wire it and see if that was it,,,thingy

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid??? #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can the solenoid be disconnected mechanically from the starter? )</font>
Yes, but you can't actually GET a separate solenoid through the Jinma parts system. They sell the starter/solenoid as an assembly. I'd be more inclined to look at the ignition switch itself. Jinma switches are notorious for collapsing inside.

Try starting the tractor with an ignition switch bypass.

//greg//

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid???

New solenoid fixed the problem. It was nice to replace a starter sitting in my lawn chair instead under a car.

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid??? #5  

Greg we do have the solenoids seperate,we also have the starter drives seperate also

Tommy
Affordable

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid??? #6  

Glad you got it fixed,,,but where/how did you get a new silanoid and or new starter so quick???I mean it was just a few hrs. ago you was trying to figure out why it wouldn't start. thingy

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid???

My dealer,and I use that term loosely, took one off one of his few remaining JM284's. Two hours from my giving him my bad one to him calling to say he add a replacement. I was up most of the night trouble shooting and removing the old solenoid and starter. For some reason I could not get the starter to solenoid linkage separated while was on the tractor but it fell apart when I set it on my work bench. Thanks again for all the comments.
Hbaird

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid??? #8  

Well good deal,,,,my nearest parts source,,,is,,,,,well,,a long long way,,[have to order it],,,it was just the silanoid than? starter is alright? thingy

/ Fuse didn"t fix it. Bad solenoid??? #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Greg we do have the solenoids seperate,we also have the starter drives seperate also )</font>
Good to know in the future Tommy, thanks. I went through four starters with that 2nd Jinma of mine. I obtained them from three sources, each saying that the only way to get a solenoid was WITH the starter motor. Glad somebody finally figured out they're two separate components.

//greg//