Hydraulic fluid changing

/ Hydraulic fluid changing #1  

hbaird

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma JM200LE
It looks like a simple job to drain the system, replace with diesel fuel, run while lifting and lowering the 3PT, and cycle the steering. Then drain the system again and clean the filter assembly under the seat. After reassembling the filter I will then refill the filter with fluid. I will finish by refilling the Hydraulic reservoir. Anything missing or any potential trouble spots to watch for? When I drained the oil I didn't get as much out as expected. There must be fluid left in the lines and the power steering. I am a retired engineer and I tend to make all things into a major project.

/ Hydraulic fluid changing #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I drained the oil I didn't get as much out as expected. )</font>

You've pretty much got the procedure nailed. I can only add to use a larger container when draining the kerosene (better specific gravity than diesel). A lot of the thick crud stays inside. If you flush with 2 gallons, be prepared to drain more like three. Also, I recommend using a fine screen on top of your drain pail. It will give you an idea whether or not a 2nd flush may be required. Plus - without the big chunks - you might be able to use some of what drained for a repeat flush.

//greg//

/ Hydraulic fluid changing
Went with off without a hitch, and I found an intermittent leak from a split gasket on the outside of a Banjo housing on a big Hydraulic junction box on the right side of the tractor under the dash cowling. I think I need a 23MM open end wrench to get it off. If that's not the right size please let me know before I buy one in the morning.
Harold

/ Hydraulic fluid changing #4  
I had to tighten mine as well, but I don't own a 23mm. No longer have the tractor, so can't confirm. But if I had to guess, I'd say I used a 24mm

//greg//