Backhoe Modified Backhoe Frame Mount

/ Modified Backhoe Frame Mount #1  

Hagar

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jimna 284
The newer frame mount has a ~3/8" to 1/2" strip welded above and below the slot for the rear hangers. Does anyone know if this is now sufficient? It changes the options for beefing it up now.

/ Modified Backhoe Frame Mount #2  
Can you post a picture? It doesn't sound like a significant change that would preclude additional beefing-up. Their prior answer, was just some square tubing below the area. Wish they would just bite the bullet and produce an overall stronger frame.

Did they make any mods to the top of the boom, to prevent the spreading of the two sides?

/ Modified Backhoe Frame Mount
If I can borrow a camera from one of my kids I'll try a picture. I got the Guilan (LW) hoe and it does not have any changes at those points.

I wanted a 3 pt hoe but will frame mount it (got the Jimna frame mount thrown in). I wanted the option of selling the hoe after the work I need to do is done.

/ Modified Backhoe Frame Mount #4  
JOHN: that popping out of the piviot was fixed a long time ago: MINE actually has the heavier 3/8' or so thick through pin welded plates too. these keep the PINS in place as well as keep the piviot form springing out. if I remember right they used to use a small bolt and a C clip only right?

as for the MOD: mine didn't have the slot reinforced, I did that myself. 1-1/4" heavy wall (1/4" thick) sq tube full lenght below the frame. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I did/do have a small amount of miss alignment but I don't think that was from the HOE side but the FEL/HOE bracket which is vissably twisted from NEW welded up kind of croocked on one side. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I over come that with a hyd bottle jack for the ONE pin what is a PITA to get in. I also ground a more pronounced champher into the pin.

MarkM

Finally got a camera to take a picture of the modification.

And I cannot shrink the picture below 123K. Any tricks, I am using photoshop.

Got it

Attachments

• 692883-100_0007small .jpg
    692883-100_0007small .jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 304
And another unfortunately its a little fuzzy.

Attachments

• 692887-100_0008 small.jpg
    692887-100_0008 small.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 247
   / Modified Backhoe Frame Mount #8  
In looking at your pictures of the extra metal plate added around the slots I'm not impressed..I added the 1 1/4 square tubing along the whole length of the frame and I wouldn't think what you have is gonna do much good..I would remove the lower plate and add our tried and true tubing mod.It's a lot easier to do when it's still loose from the hoe and tractor. Also I chamfered my front pins a LOT and they were easy to install. I never had any problems with the pivot pins and frame as that was improved long ago. I did have the Keeper pins bend and break because of the pins always wanting to turn.