farm pro 2425 with y385 diesel engine

/ farm pro 2425 with y385 diesel engine #1  

bigtrooper

was mowing today with my 2425 with 18 hours on it when all of a sudden the engine acted if dieing and then would go again . this continued for about 3 minutes, all guagess were good and had good fuel. sounded like a fuel problem to me so i shut if off and low and behold the sediment bowl under the fuel petcock was leaking.. I looked closer and it was cracked near the top . two questions... anyone know where i can get one quick,,,,and two when i put the new one on what should i do to keep air out of the system... i write tickets for a living and dont work on tractors so any help would be appreciated.

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ farm pro 2425 with y385 diesel engine #2  
I have them in stock here in Arkansas, If you are in south Texas, I'm sure Tommy has them in bellville, but in a pinch, you can use the complete sediment bowl for 8n ford from auto parts (napa has them). you will have to buy a fitting to attach a hose, then grind the crimp off the banjo fitting on the pump and use a hose clamp to clamp on the new hose, the taper pipe thread should fit the tank (which must be drained before you remove the old one).

Sorry I don't have part numbers here at the house, you could pull the old one and see if they can help you match it up.

/ farm pro 2425 with y385 diesel engine
i will go to your site and order one from you. i will call tomorrow. Thanks

Randy