Oil Level in Injector Pump

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #1  

minidozer

Tractor
Dozer
I have the TY395T engine. The manual says I should "Check oil level in injection pump, and fill more if necessary." Also at 500 hours, I should "Replace the lube. Oil in the fuel injection pump."

I know Greg recommends using compressor oil but my questions are:

How do I check the oil level in the injector pump?

Where do I add oil?

Where is the drain plug?

The injector pump is the one piece of equipment I want to know exactly what I am doing before I turn a bolt or nut. Any help would be appreciated.

Phil

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #2  
There should be a tiny dipstick at the back of the pump and a drain plug at the lowest point on the bottom. the fill has a vent cap on it on the top. I would go ahead and change more often than 500 hours, it is possible for some diesel fuel to get in there and thin the oil...

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #3  
Also.. lots of compressor oils are straight weight ND oils.. like 30wnd.. like a gas lawnmower oil.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump
I locked all over the injector pump for a "tiny dipstick" but could not find one. I did find a bolt on the bottom of the main unit which is probally the drain plug but there is another bolt on the bottom of the unit which has the vent cap. This bolt is more to the rear near the engine block. Is this also a drain plug?

The drawing of the fuel system does not show a dipstick but then it does not show a drain plug. Any suggestions?

The name plate on the injector pump says:
31343-85?1000

Phil

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #5  
There are two basic styles of injector pump. one with the dipstick (if you have a small tube sticking up at an angle from the housing with the vented cap, that is where the dipstick is supposed to go). others have a little fitting, ususally with a plastic cap, you fill till it comes out here (remove plastic cap).

One of the other members here might be able to post pictures or there may even be some on JohnS website Johns JInma page

I wont' be able to eyeball one of these again till monday... will post then if I gain any incite.

for other members reading this, this should be same as JM304/jm354 TY395 engine as used in dozer.

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #7  
<font color="blue"> Also.. lots of compressor oils are straight weight ND oils.. like 30wnd.. like a gas lawnmower oil.. etc. </font>

Hey SoundGuy,

That makes me feel a little bit better now, since I use 30wt Non Detergent in my Fuel Pump. I thought about using a High Detergent oil, but thought that a NON DEtergent would be better for some reason.

Get your Tractors Running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #8  
General rule of thumb is that if an oil sump doesn't have a filter.. it uses ND oil.. lawnmower.. air compressor.. etc...

Detergents would keep some junk suspended.. and with no fitler for removal of that junk.. it would be kinda pointless..

Soundguy

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #9  
<font color="blue"> General rule of thumb is that if an oil sump doesn't have a filter.. it uses ND oil.. lawnmower.. air compressor.. etc...

Detergents would keep some junk suspended.. and with no fitler for removal of that junk.. it would be kinda pointless.. </font>

Hey SoundGuy,

Makes sense to me. I pondered about what type of oil to put into the fuel pump quiet a bit. I heard several suggesting that it was ok to put 15w40 in the fuel pump. I wondered about that. I also remember that I used 30wgt Non Detergent in my first Chinese Tractor, so I just went with my best judgement. Although, I have been using 10w40 in my MTD 12 HP BRIGGS AND STRATTON Engine/no oil filter, for 17 years now, and the engine just keeps on going. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm beginning to wonder if the Main thing is to make sure that the unit just has lubrication and not run dry.

One thing for sure is, We do need better documentation from the manufacturer, in regards to Lubricants in the Chinese Tractors.

Get your Tractors Running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Oil Level in Injector Pump #10  
That' the way I always looked at it....... so far no problems.

Ronald