Is this amount of flaws normal?

/ Is this amount of flaws normal? #1  

handy1

Tractor
Jinma 254
1st post. Just been watching. I have a 254 Jinma I bought one year ago from Northern Tractor. I work it hard and it has 210 hrs. I love the tractor, but notice that most of you seem to report that few things break. The items that have broken so far. The gauge in the large fuel cap, the pilot light for the ign. switch, fan belt at only 60 hrs., fuel supply line from the fuel pump, terminal end on the + cable to the starter and finally 2 fuel injectors. Although I run the **** out of the tractor I am a retired operating engineer heavy equip. mechanic/welder and before that a Marine combat engineer for 9 years. Like a Navy C bee, but we carried bigger guns on our equipment. I have been very heavy into maint. and change oil and filters, grease, lube and tighten bolts on or before the required schedual. I am most surprised at the injectors. The #2&3 cyl. did very little work. Sounds like the old single cyl John Deere.
I have taken everything apart from the fuel tank up to the injector. Not the pump or injector though. I just ordered 3 new injectors, only $25 ea.. I guess I'm just wondering if some of you really have had some of these problems and have just not said anything.
Carl

/ Is this amount of flaws normal? #2  
Carl:

My Kubota B7100 HST had a loose battery to frame ground cable on delivery.

At around 1000 hours the dynamoe seized and was replaced as well as the fan belt.

At 1500 hours one steel loader line sprung a pinhole leak. About a 100 hours later one of the flex hydraulic loader lines blew.

about 1800 hours the loader control lever controls had to be replaced. The valve was okay

At 2200 hours the steering box [ ball & race ] was rebuilt.

The tractor has been work to it's limits. About 1/2 of the time has been loader work. Quite a few broken welds on the loader frame. The bucket has required a new cutting edge and the bottom replaced as it wore through.

The Hst has some creep which I suspect is due to linkage.

Numerous places where hand and feet make contact have the paint worn off right down to bare metal.

The fuel tank has had the bottom checked for debri numerous times. None ever found /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Is this amount of flaws normal? #3  
Two fuel injectors is a bit puzzling. The rest of what you mention is minor and considering the hours and use I would say you haven't experienced an unreasonable number of problems. Just my opinion based on limited knowledge!

/ Is this amount of flaws normal? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Two fuel injectors is a bit puzzling. )</font>
Not really, if the tank was still holding that soup that passes for Chinese diesel fuel when delivered AND/OR if there was any delay in replacing the OE fuel filter.

//greg//