Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #1  

crofutt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354
Thanks to all of you who have posted responses about Jinma tractors. I have been lurking here for months reading and trying to make up my mind what to buy. With all the information I got from this forum, I feel the Jinma will make a great tractor for me. I ordered it with a FEL, Backhoe, Finish Mower & Roto Tiller. I opted for separate gauges instead of the instrument cluster, dual stage clutch, steel fender, ROP, Canopy, and Power Steering. When I get it, I'll post a link to my website showing how things go with it.

I am the QC manager for Grizzly Industrial (the tool people) so I am familiar with Chinese equipment. They really throw the cast iron at what they make and my experience has been very favorable. All my metal working equipment (lathe, mill, sheet metal equipment) are Chinese and I firmly believe what they use, they make much better than what they don't use. For example, their metal working equipment is really good, but a lot of their woodworking stuff leaves a lot to be desired (but that is changing fast) I regularly go to China and may even go to the factory for an inspection before they ship it to me.

Any way, thanks again all you guys for the help in making my decision.

Bill Crofutt

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #2  
<font color="blue"> I opted for separate gauges instead of the instrument cluster, dual stage clutch, steel fender, ROP, Canopy, and Power Steering. </font>

Hey Crofutt,

Don't forget the OEM Spring Seat. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Get your tractors running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> </font>

Hey Crofutt,

Don't forget the OEM Spring Seat. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Get your tractors running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

I ordered it with the swivel seat. I was told the spring seat was not compatable with the swivel (backhoe). Was that not correct?

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #4  
<font color="blue"> I ordered it with the swivel seat. I was told the spring seat was not compatable with the swivel (backhoe). Was that not correct? </font>

Hey Crofutt,

Well, at least you tried. I'll have to defer, to their advice, as to which seat will work properly. Maybe the swivel seat will have the spring suspension as well,, Wouldn't hurt to ask. I sure hope so anyway, as the spring seat, helps so much in giving you, a more comfortable ride. After using the Spring Suspension Seat, I hope that I don't ever have to operate a tractor without one now.

Get your Tractors Running &
Have a nice day,

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #5  
it is true the spring seat does not swivel as set up on the tractor, BUT JOHNS set his up with aftermarket swivel seat and a bit of fabrication & injinuity.. he has a link posted down a wase under a heaading TSC SPRING SEAT that I started. I mounted mine with out the boat swivel seat mount and am a bit shorter than JOHNS is so mine has unmodified hyd level plug. Anyhow congrats on the purchace whom did you use to import ? you're self? just wondering.. also note there are several styles of import tillers, the gear drives (what I have ) are very nice others have the chain drive and are not so happy. I'm not all that happy with the FINISHMOWER but I ahve most of the buggs worked out such as poor blades & belts & tires. all replaced so now the cost is nearer to a local unit but the decking is MUCH heavier even heavier than a HD brush hog rotary cutter. it is 1/4" thick easy... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MarkM

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it is true the spring seat does not swivel as set up on the tractor, BUT JOHNS set his up with aftermarket swivel seat and a bit of fabrication & injinuity.. he has a link posted down a wase under a heaading TSC SPRING SEAT that I started. I mounted mine with out the boat swivel seat mount and am a bit shorter than JOHNS is so mine has unmodified hyd level plug. Anyhow congrats on the purchace whom did you use to import ? you're self? just wondering.. also note there are several styles of import tillers, the gear drives (what I have ) are very nice others have the chain drive and are not so happy. I'm not all that happy with the FINISHMOWER but I ahve most of the buggs worked out such as poor blades & belts & tires. all replaced so now the cost is nearer to a local unit but the decking is MUCH heavier even heavier than a HD brush hog rotary cutter. it is 1/4" thick easy... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MarkM )</font>

Mark,

Changed my order to a spring seat. You're right, it will be easier to make a spring seat swivel then a swivel seat spring. Thanks for the nudge. The tiller is gear drive. And I am self importing.

Bill

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #7  
<font color="blue"> Changed my order to a spring seat. You're right, it will be easier to make a spring seat swivel then a swivel seat spring. </font>

Hey Bill,

Another option to consider, is just to get both seats, if the price isn't to steep. Most of the time, I suspect that you will be using the Spring Seat, but when you put the backhoe on, then just unbolt one and bolt the other seat on.

Just a thought.

Get your tractors Running &
Have a nice day,

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #8  
If you acn get BOTH seats that is a good option there are only 4 bolts, also get you're self some spare parts such as injectors alt & maybe a starter. things like that add very little cost china side but they tripple in value when you get them here. I ahve a ton of extra stuff I HAVN' used but will someday... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif even if I sell them I would come out on-top...

as to the seat TSC sells them for 69.00 fits with adding 2 holes & elongating two others... JOHNS posted this as is below....

some options I like the steel fenders as they are rather heavy & very ridged. thick material more there if something was to GO WRONG...

MarkM

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #9  
<font color="blue"> ( also get you're self some spare parts such as injectors alt & maybe a starter. ) </font>

Wow! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif To the casual observer passing thru reading this sub.. that single sentence is a "stay away" flag for sure.

" By the way sir.. you should just go ahead and get a spare tractor for parts while you get the 'working' one. How many can I put you down for? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Not hatein' on en.. just shocked .... Seems like things like starters and alt's should be common tech.. easy to make right. And injectors should be precision made.

Soundguy

/ Just ordered JM354 - thanks for the help #10  
Soundguy,

It is not uncommon to need these parts on any tractor over time. The point was that they can be bought very inexpensive in China. A crate tractor buyer should stock up on parts as much as possible because he does not have a dealer that is stocking parts to supply them when needed, he will have to buy them and will pay the markup that a dealer who imports and stocks parts clearly deserves.

It was good advice. If you want high reliability or anything that resembles perfection, than by all means stay away, you will not be happy with any chinese tractor. They are good but they aint perfect.

Of the 100 or so tractors we have imported we have used 5 injectors, 6 or 7 starter motors and a couple alternators, I wouldn't consider that excessive. but if we didn't have them when we needed them, it would have been a bad thing. A crate importer just has to be his own dealer and that involves stocking parts...