chinese 2 wheeled tractors

/ chinese 2 wheeled tractors #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
My wife recently got back from a trip that took her thru china and tibet. She snapped quite a few pics while there. She noticed there were lots of 2 wheled ( with handlebars ) tractors.. and many of them were converted to.. um.. ride-on tractors by attatching a sulkie with seat.. and even a hitch for a small trailer.. thus making it articulate in the middle.

Some looke dhomade.. belt coupled.. some looke dlike tractor engines, and were missimg hoods.. etc.

One pic clearly shows a 'yang dong' plaque.

I found that really interesting.

Anyone have a source on these 2 wheeled tractors.. now my wife is interested in one..

Soundugy

/ chinese 2 wheeled tractors
Here's a pic of one

front says yangdong

Soundguy

a28713.jpg

/ chinese 2 wheeled tractors #3  
Oh yeh these two wheeled machines can do anything..I lived in Xiamen China from 1998-2001 working for Eastman Kodak there. I saw many of these tractors, Single cylinder water cooled.They would fill up a reservoir on top of the engine and they would put put all day long steaming but never quit.. They could put tons of rock and cement in a make believe trailer and go everywhere.They were slow but they always got to where they were going. Talk about a workhorse!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I saw many pics where they were toting huge trailers.. etc.

Only one of the pics showed someone using them as 'walking tractors'. Mostly people using them with attached sulkies or trailers.. etc.

Soundguy

/ chinese 2 wheeled tractors #6  
<font color="blue">Here's a pic of one </font>

Hey SoundGuy,

It looks like they have good traction and balance on the side of that incline. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Get your tractors Running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ chinese 2 wheeled tractors #7  
You have discovered the true "Chinese tractor". Not likely to see any in the states with EPA rules and all...

/ chinese 2 wheeled tractors #8  
<font color="blue"> "Anyone have a source on these 2 wheeled tractors.. now my wife is interested in one.."</font>

How many do you want? I can get used Yanmar models by the container full. They are single cylinder diesels and poppin loud. :)

Buck

Got a pic of one of those?

Soundguy

/ chinese 2 wheeled tractors #10  
Soundguy, I corresponded with an exporter of those tractors and he said he would put one on the dock in LA for $650. There a lot of those guys listed on Made-in China.com. I got the feeling they were ready to deal!.
Billy