Farmtrac 360 DTC TLB Owner - so far so good

/ Farmtrac 360 DTC TLB Owner - so far so good #1  

Filb

Tractor
Farmtrac 360TLB
I browsed and browsed for information on tbn for a year before making my purchase. I boutght the 360DTC as a TLB package. 39hp, 33pto hp, 3 range shuttle, 4 remote outlets, live or manual pto. I opted for the bigger tires on the unit, so it sits larger thanthe JD 790 or NH TC30. I also test drove Kubota sub compacts, JD 790, JD 4300 TLB, NH TC 30, NH TC 33, and Cub Cadet 6000 & 7000 series. I originally was going to buy the Kubota BX2230 TLB - but decided to get the largest tractor possible I could for the $. Believe me, if you do the same you will be glad you did. I know how difficult /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif this decision can be since there are so many models. Since having my FT 360 I have cleared snow on my driveway, hauled tons of firewood with the bucket, dug out a hill level to build a pole barn, excavated garbage from 6ft deep ditch (how the ditch got full is a frustrating story), dug an 80 ft trench for a sewer leach line and dug out around my septic tank to expose it. I have a nasty stump from a hard maple that is being stubborn /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif and not out yet though. I have to say, no problems so far - and going strong. I bought from Paul Robison Equipment in Thompson, Ohio. They have been great - and are receptive to friendly questions about things. I would go with the 360 over the 300 for the power - at not much more cost, maybe 1-2k. The loader is rated at 1700 lbs to full height, and it may be the most impressive thing so far. I dug out for the pole barn through dry clay and much of the digging was done by going right into it with the loader. The hydraulics are powerful, and the backhoe is easy to take on and off as long as you are on a firm, level surface. The subframe on the backhoe is nice because it steps up in the back for more clearance - this was new in the fall of 04'. During my test drive the BH scraped quite a bit, so I was pleased when the dealer presented me with the newer model BH. The BH is 7.5 ft, and comparable to others in the same category. I wish the backhoe was maybe 9' - I have needed the reach, but that is what you get with a compact tractor. I chose this tractor because I simply didn't see the capability in the other tractors I tested for the $. I was going to buy the NH TC 30 TLB, but I got the Farmtrac for about 2500 less, and it is A LOT more tractor. Surprisingly, the larger tractor is very manueverable around my wooded lot. I just have to be careful with the BH. If I can answer any questions about my purchase or the tractor, feel free. I know that other brands are terrific as well, but I love this tractor. Haven't used pto implements yet.

/ Farmtrac 360 DTC TLB Owner - so far so good #2  
Good post, thanks. Did you go with the PTO pump kit on your hoe? I've been quoted 23,500 for a 360TLB w/ pto pump kit, largest Industrial tires w/rimguard plus a grill guard delivered. I am getting a decent deal compared to what you shelled out?

Last edited: