Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts)

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #1  

GordNovo

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions about my 204 v 284 decision!!

I have a couple more:

I was on another site, I came across an interesting survey about people's repair experiences....and to be quite honest it seems quite daunting to have to repair the kinds of things (and amount of things) that seem to go wrong with these tractors..

http://www.johnstractor.homestead.com/JinmaSurveySelect.html

Can anyone provide thier own top 10 list of parts they think will likely need replacing (due to w&t, or due to breakage)?

My concern is about parts availability. I live in Cda (in Manitoba) and I understand that there are no parts available here in the province....

The way I've learned it works is during warranty, parts must come directly from China (under warranty) but after the warranty period I can get certain parts from other dealers in the country who've built up a parts inventory. Despite this inventory, if the needed part is unavailable, back to China I must go, and the wait period could take weeks/months.

Another question is about parts compatibility I've read/heard that hose ends and other threaded components like bolts and nuts aren't compatible with the ones used here in N.America. How concerned should I be about this?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input and assistance!!

Gord

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #2  
Gord, these tractors are metric nuts, bolts, and fittings. I've had my tractor almost a year and the starter was replaced under warranty from my dealer in Texas. I've had to tighten a loose fitting or two but I haven't replaced any parts but the starter. There are parts in many locations in the US, can't they be shipped directly to you in Canada? I get filters at the local auto parts store and the fluids at the local tractor supply type store. I installed a lower radiator hose heater and I would imagine you would need to do the same in Canada for ease of cold weather starting. The people that have had problems have posted on the site you mention but people without issues don't tend to report at all. There are many of these tractors around the US, probably thousands and thousands. You might look at the Kama tracors too, they too are very good machines and growing in popularity.

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #3  
I'd be surprised if somebody/somewhere in Manitoba doesn't sell/support Jinma. Have you looked in adjacent provinces? And there's no law against getting parts from below the 49th either.

Not counting consumables, listing the top 10 parts is a rather subjective task. Since not everybody uses/abuses their equipment the same, they don't necessarily break the same parts. But how/where you buy the tractor has a big bearing on any responses to your questions.

If you're buying from/through a dealer, any warranty parts come THROUGH that dealer. I talk to my dealer via email, he sends me parts via post or UPS/FedEx. After the warranty period is up, you're on your own, and - as you say - can buy parts from any Jima parts source anywhere.

Or have you decided to go the crate tractor route despite the cautions? If so, THEN you put yourself in a position to face long distance warranty parts pipeline.

//greg//

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #4  
Most of the issues with these tractors begin with set up,if you are doing the crate way, all fluids must be flushed and replaced ,tightnen all bolts,adjust clutch,adjust timing,ect.if the tractor is assemblied right most of the issues go away.Warranty parts come from your dealer or China,we stock hundreds of parts but will not replace warranty parts at no charge other than our customers,but that does not mean we won't sell you parts ,if you need a part from China the part will be replaced for free but you have to pay the shipping which is about $ 85.00 for a small package 1-3 lbs.Most of the time you can just purchase the part here and still come out ahead with no wait time.Hope this helps in your decision making,you will pay more thru a dealer but it will be set up right and you should have min. problems

Tommy
Affordable Tractor

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #5  
GordNovo, In my opinion the survey that you referenced to....alot has changed since those dates shown. The tractors and Dealers. But still a very good site!

The Selling Dealer will make all the differance in the world for the Quality of tractor you receive, Parts during and after warranty period, Tech Support etc...

One thing you could do if you have some concerns about parts is ........... pretend you own one and shop for those parts you think to might need, break, wear out etc...

Tommy has a vey easy parts site with LOT's of parts. http://www.affordabletractorsalesco.com/index.html

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #6  
<font color="blue"> My concern is about parts availability. I live in Cda (in Manitoba) and I understand that there are no parts available here in the province....
</font>

Hey Gord,

Follow Greg's advice on Flushing.

Parts can be gotten from many sources. I have gotten my filters and other parts for my Jinma 224 from JinmaParts.com.

I get all my tools now, Metric/Sae, from HarborFreight.com.

Shop online & by phone, sit back in your easy chair, and let UPS & FedX, do the rest.

Get your Tractors Running &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #7  
That data is old. I have over 150 updates sitting in a folder, but no time to record them! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sounds like you are importing for yourself. Importing yourself, also exposes you to shipping damaged parts, not just ones that may fail early in life. As already mentioned, not worth paying shipping from China to get your "free" warrentee parts. Buy from a number of good Jinma dealers in the states, and you will have the part probably within 2 weeks.

For myself, only had a hydraulic pump go.

A few years ago, it was relatively easy to get the exporters to include a number of free parts in the tractor shipment. I actually was able to choose $500 worth of at cost parts, free with mine! I don't think the exporters are that hungry, today.
If you do end up importing for yourself, consider negotiating away, all or part of the warrantee period.

Here is a list, in no particular order:
- Hydraulic Pump (2)
- Starter
- Alternator
- PTO clutch disk
- Trans clutch disk
- injectors (3) if Y380
- glowplugs (6) I assume you need them!
- Injector Pump
- Hyd Steering Cylinder
- Diverter Valve

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #8  
I have had my tractor (jinma 224) for nearly one year. When I got it is was cold here (Texas). I had problems starting the tractor. I changed glow plugs twice and this did not help . The problem was a faulty ignition switch. I followed the directions on Johns web site and did not have any more trouble until last week. The tractor got hot only after 25 min of hard work. This happened several times . I replaced the thermostat and had no more problems. Over all I am very happy with the tractor

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #9  
I would add a steering drag link to that list. They're pretty fragile on the 200 series. And rather than clutch discs, get a whole clutch pack with bearings. That way - when you actually do have to repair the clutch - just slap a whole new clutch pack in, and send the old one out for a rebuild.

//greg//

/ Parts (and compatibility with N.A. parts) #10  
I have 110 hrs. on my Jinma224. The only part to be replaced has been my thermostat bypass hose. ($4 at Napa, don't remember the part number). I even still use the original chinese battery.

All of my filters have several equivalents. (NAPA, BALDWIN, WIX, FRAM) and parts that I *might* need can be sourced from at least 4 different dealers in the US.

I wouldn't worry about parts.