Did ya ever wonder why?

/ Did ya ever wonder why? #1  

gunslinger101

Did you ever wonder why people will buy a Chinese tractor, but don't trust the Chinese FEL and Backhoe's?
I wonder why. I was in Florida a few weeks ago at a friend of mine place and he has a 354 with Chinese FEL and backhoe. He has beat this thing like a redheaded step child and has no problems with it. Sure the controls don't work like snot on a door knob, but they seemed ok to me. The only thing he did was make the braces from the FEL mount back to the rear, cost him $25.00 to do that.
I was at a dealer down there and they just got a new shipment and the FEL's had joysticks and look real good, they are the quick disconnect FEL's.
Just wonder why people would spend thousands and trust a Chinese tractor and not the attachments. I would trust them after seeing them work.

/ Did ya ever wonder why? #2  
Jim,
Good question. We have imported a few loaders but most of our tractors that get loaders get Koyker. The main reason is it is usually only a few hundred more to get the US made loader after you figure the freight cost from China, which can run 250 to 500 on a loader. one or two loaders take the same space as a tractor in the container. So for a few hundred more you can get a US made loader with common fittings on the hoses (there are many times more hoses on the loader than the tractor itself) and a nicer joystick with float position. For most people the Jinma loader is fine and we sometimes use them to offer a rock bottom price on a tractor with loader.

The savings on the backhoes are more dramatic, like the tractors themselves so we will use extra space in our containers to bring in some of them, but not loaders...

/ Did ya ever wonder why? #3  
When I bought my tractor I got it with both the chinese loader and backhoe. This was mostly a financial decision and a lack of knowledge at the time. I have used and abused (due to being a newbie to tractoring) both and can say that I have had no trouble other than the controls on the backhoe coming loose. I have since tightened them, applied locktite and have had no problems since. If I had to do it again, I would.

/ Did ya ever wonder why?
Chip & DFW:
Thanks for the replies.
Chip thanks for letting us know the story on the FEL's and backhoes. I understand the points you made very well. I just wondered about it. I know a few dealers sell the Chinese FEL's and backhoes, but not many do and now I know why.
I guess with American made attachments it would be easier to repair things, metric fittings aren't easy to find in my neck of the woods. As you said the price difference is pretty broad between the American and Chinese backhoe's and might be worth it to import the BH,, for a few hundred bucks difference the FEL wouldn't be worth it.
I wish they would come up with hydraulics that one could run a 3PH log splitter or other hydraulic type implements, I see it is a problem or a pain in the neck to convert from metric to sae to run such implements. It would be a better selling point if one could plug in a splitter or mowing machine and the like without reinventing the machine to do it, and have quick disconnects you can buy the other side for.
I find it funny sometimes, I manufactured trailers and I had a guy come to me looking for a wiring plug that is only used overseas, it was for trailer wiring on the back of a Mahindra, they know the machine is coming over here, but still use connectors we can't buy.

/ Did ya ever wonder why? #5  
i've imported 2 container loads of chinese loaders. after you have replaced hoses & fittings, cut and rewelded mounts it is more work than its worth. i do like the value leader loader over the ZL20 loader for chinese loaders, to be quite frank i like the value leader loader over 1 particular american loader(not Koyker). Koyker loader are fine loaders.