No pressure rear remotes

/ No pressure rear remotes #1  

Scarlett

Tractor
Jinma 354
I'm getting oil circulating through the rear remotes but no pressure to work the log splitter. I'm one of these people who bought the Chinese implements so it's a Jinma wood splitter that I'm trying to run with a 354.

/ No pressure rear remotes #2  
Do you have remotes? or are you referring to the quick connect mounted to the side of the lift box? If it is this connection, you must close (clockwise) the valve which has a hex head on it like a bold. then raise the lift handle to apply pressure, push the lift handle down to allow the return. you may have a return on the other side of the lift box and if you splitter has its own valve you should have no problem so long as you close the valve and raise the draft and position levers all the way up. If you have true remotes (controlled by thier own valve with its own lever) than you may have a Pressure relief problem.

/ No pressure rear remotes
You're right, they're not true remotes. Here's how it goes. When I lift both draft levers all the way up the wood splitter cam does move. The problem is that as soon as it meets resistance (the wood) the 3PH lifts of the ground. My neighbor and I both looked for a valve. Where is it.

/ No pressure rear remotes #4  
I am not familliar with the 354 so this might not help much, but on my 284, the valve in question is the one used to control the lowering speed of the 3 point hitch arms. On the 284 it is a large black plastic knob located down in front of the seat(parts 1-7 in the 284 3PH diagram on this link. http://johnstractor.homestead.com/files/HydPowerLift.jpg).

The pressure on that rear aux port is the same used to raise the 3point. To do that, the fluid has to go thru that speed reg valve to get to the 3Point cylinder. Close that reg valve all the way and all the pressure should go to the rear port. If it is anything like the 284, If that valve won't seat all the way, or is hard to turn, look for a standard blade screw located on the front of the valve assembly. loosening this screw should allow the valve body to move easier. the vlave assembly may be dirty/rusted and you might want to remove it to clean it(remove that screw first).

/ No pressure rear remotes #5  
The valve has a head on it that looks like a hex bolt. it is either just ahead of where the remote comes out of the side of the lift box or just below it. gently turn it in and it should block the pressure from going to the lift cylinder and allow all pressure to go to the remote. this should fix you up.

/ No pressure rear remotes #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( this should fix you up. )</font>
But a splitter typically has two hoses, supply and return. How's one tractor fitting going to accommodate two splitter hoses?

//greg//

/ No pressure rear remotes
Thanks Bluechip. The kids will be busy this weekend. We found the bolt in the manual but didn't see it on the tractor. Maybe some glasses would help.

Greg, we have a send and return line on our tractor.