Yangdong 385 copy ??

/ Yangdong 385 copy ?? #1  

Outbackfarm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Sorry in advance,for this silly question. But I remember reading somewhere that the y385 motor is a copy for the most part of a 50's American made diesel. Now despite a search I cannot find this information. Any ideas anyone ?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Yangdong 385 copy ?? #2  
If it is. it wasn't a ford tractor design. based on the way the injectors are situated..

soundguy

/ Yangdong 385 copy ?? #3  
Not sure of the origin of the design but I came across something funny a few days ago. Farther down this chinese tractor forum is a thread titled "Bear Tractors". I was curious about what they looked like so I found and posted a link to their website there. The spec sheets for their 25HP say it is a 385 engine. The video on the site touts it as a "Perkins Designed Powerplant"

/ Yangdong 385 copy ??
Maybe thats what I saw, because I was thinking that it was copied from a Perkins design. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Yangdong 385 copy ?? #5  
If it is Chinese made (Perkins design) it's made in this factory: http://www.perkins.com.cn/english/company.php This is where the 1004-T4 Perkins Phaser 4 cyl. turbo is made that goes into the 70 and 80hp Foton/FarmPro/Euroleopard tractors. Nice engine by the way.

/ Yangdong 385 copy ?? #6  
The Yangdong diesel engines are a close copy of a Perkins diesel used in truck refer units, design time mid 60's. Chinese did some mods to the design, but they are close in design.
I have read on one Bull dog site that it was a Perkins design, close but not true it is not a clone.