JINMA 284

/ JINMA 284 #1  

ByronCourtright

I am new to the small tractor scene. Would anyone buy this brand over another brand? Also I have been told that the metal is very weak, that was told to me about six years ago. I wonder if that has changed. I am going to buy a small size tractor in the near future and would like some help on this decision. The 284 is the size that I need or a comparable one.
Thank you in advance

/ JINMA 284 #2  
Welcome ByronCourtright, Jinma tractors have been imported into the US for many years now with a good source for replacement parts. There has been many improvements on these tractors.

I have a page on my web Site, Learn about a Chinese Tractor that gives my opinion if you care to check it out.

www.ranchhandsupply.com

The 284, 200 series is a nice little tractor. The dealer you purchase from will make all the difference.

Good luck on your search

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ JINMA 284 #3  
I heard some stories of poor castings on early tractors, but have not experienced any problems in almost 3 years of importing in either Jinma or KAMA products. Possible exception being a couple of broken bolts, but it is hard to tell what happended in those cases.

The reason to buy any tractor over another brand is value, usually perceived value. Some people find security in paying thousands extra for established brand with a dealer on the corner to take care of every glitch. others find value in having fewer dollars invested in a tractor, especially if they will only use it 100-150 hours per year or less. It is a very personal decision.

If you need/want things like Hydrostatic trans, cup holders, smooth shiney paint (getting better) than the China tractors are not for you (at this time).

At our dealership we sell KAMA a few Jinmas and Farm Pro as well as higher quality, more refined tractors from Kioti and Farmtrac. For most of my customers, the chinese tractor is all they need or want, but for others I encourage them to look at the more expensive, better finished brands.

The buyer of a Chinese tractor must be self reliant when it comes to repairs, most are sold with parts only warranty so all the labor is up to the buyer. These buyers feel the siginificant cost savings justifies this and in fact the majority of Chinese tractor owners are very satisfied with thier purchase.

/ JINMA 284 #4  
Well said Chip,you hit the nail on the head,

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ JINMA 284 #5  
I have a 284LE and as far as I'm concerned, it's a keeper.

/ JINMA 284 #6  
When deciding which size Chinese tractor to buy, keep in mind that this is heavy iron; low horsepower per pound. Prior to buying my first Jinma, I had a 24hp Yanmar. Strong little bugger, but I wanted 4wd. Since 24hp did me fine with the Yanmar, I figured that 25-28 hp in the 4wd Jinma would be even better. Only then did I discover that the Jinma was a thousand pounds heavier than the Yanmar.

After two years of struggling with an underpowered (for my needs) and poorly geared tractor, I became the proud owner of a 45hp KAMA

//greg//

/ JINMA 284 #7  
ByronCourtright, The opinion given about about the Jinma being heavy is very true. It is a quality that is sometimes not ask by the buyer and not brought up by seller.

Weight is what makes a tractor do its job...traction. Tractors started getting lighter when they started using stamped steel, strong but light..... then the tractor started loosing traction

You will find many threads on adding weight to all kinds/makes of tractors.

You may get some more help with the size tractor if we knew what you will be using it for??

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply