Rural King 20HP Tractors

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #1  

Gold Member
Tractor
Jinma 204 -- now gone
Hi,

You see the Rural King 20HP tractor ( JM200 ) for sale for $4k as their regular price and then many times people get 10% off by signing up for a credit card. Even $4K is cheap.

Certainly are cheaper than the Farm Pros similarly equipped.

I know they are 2wd and turfs but they do some equipped with power steering as standard equipment.

Has anyone bought one or know anyone who has bought one?

Any thoughts on them ?

Are Rural King tractors prepped properly with fluid changes and such before being sold or it simply a matter of they get them in, put them together and put them up for sale ?

Any input would be appreciated. Just curious.

Thanks
Tom

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #2  
I tried to do comparison like this before. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not oranges. Small items can make a difference in the price. Such as the canopy can add about $175. I found there are dozen of different models of these tractors. Not saying they are bad. They are the best buy for your money on the market. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #3  
One big difference is the warranty, Farm Pro's now have 2 year 2000 hour parts and labor warranty. Also Farm Pros use an EPA approved engine made by Yangdong. I have seen some "Tractor King" tracotrs with another engine make, not as common for parts. However, the cost is below dealer cost for similar tractor from Farm Pro....How you value the longer warranty is up to you...

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors
Hi,

Yup, is interesting as they are so inexpensive. Consider that is 20Hp, turfs, Ps, foldable ROPS ( according to ad ) and the price at only $4k, is really interesting.
Just wondering if they did the full fluid changes and such before selling them or just put it together and out the door.

Even without a canopy, is a good price.

I didn't think the 20HP Jinmas were importable re emissions but guess I was wrong.

Haven't really heard of any other's that inexpensive as new tractors. Farm Pro are more pricey without PS and alot more pricey with PS.

Anyways, thanks for you input and have a great evening.

Tom

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #5  
I looked at a Rural king tractor and like you said with the credit card it was $3600.00. I came so close to pulling the trigger for it but i need it like i need another hole in my head. I doubt very much that they change all the fluids, but I would want to do that myself anyway to make sure it got done. For that price you could afford to get it home and go over everything yourself. That's the price of a Garden tractor.

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors
Hi,

Yup, is the price of a garden tractor when you put it that way.

Anyone know anybody else that sell new tractors that inexpensively ?

Just kind of amazes me.

Have a great nite.

Thanks

Tom

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #7  
I suspect Rural King is working off some old inventory, these may even be 2 cylinder engines, if not the Laidong 3 cyl. The factory has raised prices a bunch this year, especially on the 2wd "bargain" priced tractors. You can probably still find a deal on a Farm Pro if it has been on a dealers lot for a while.

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #8  
According to their website it is a 3 cylinder but like you say it about has to be old inventory. Six months parts and labor warranty with an extended warranty available.
Rural King

Dur

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #9  
I paid $3300 tax included for my Farm Pro three years ago. Ag tires and no power steering and 6 month warranty. I will have to replace the original battery this spring. Overall I can't complain. It is a very basic tractor but does what I ask it.

My neighbor has a year old New Holland 50hp. I let him hunt on my land and he has been very gracious to use his larger tractor for any smaller chore I have that my Farm Pro can't handle. I would love to get a 45hp or bigger Kama. I just don't have the money and can't justify the cost. Maybe one day.

If you are needing basic grass cutting and a little grading work these tractors can't be beat. Just remember you really can't add a front end loader to these tractors. You would be in the $6k range at that point.

Matt

/ Rural King 20HP Tractors #10  
Okay, I read this stuff and I will put it all to rest. I drove to Muncie IN from Philly towing a landscape trailer and bought a Rural King Tractor King 200. First, it sort of blew me away that this tractor was $3999 less 10% and 0% for 12months on the credit card. Paid mine off in 6 months and you will get stung hard if you don't as interest adds up if you don't clear it. Second, they did a really nice job putting it together and yes, all fluids were changed. Oil, Hyd, antifreeze, etc. and a new rural king battery as the chinese ones are junk. Everything is top line for Jinma and this is a 200. Steel Fenders, Canopy with foldable ROPS, powersteering, Turf Tires, and 3cyl Yangdong 385 motor (real smooth). Third, I looked at Tractor Pro at a dealer in NC when I was on vacation and the tractors are the same - Just more coin as Rural king must buy hundreds at a time. They also have the big Chines ones there which were huge. And, the staff at Rural King was great. Very helpful, very nice.
The only fluid that I don't think was changed was the fuel injector oil which is really easy to do and is a maintainance item anyway. Parts are easy to get on the internet and really cheap as y385 is really common. I wouldn't really worry about the warranty thing as you can see from the Chinese Tractor postings...you will be working on these things, period. If you can't do mechanical stuff, do not even consider buying one. Not a Kubota in quality so don't think they are. Very basic machine, very old school, sort of like a cheap chinese tool set. Works, but not without issues. Again, not even close in quality to the Jap stuff. I did do a bunch of work with it and put on a 100 or so hours mowing with a 60" rear deck which was the tractor didn't even know was back there. I dug a ton of post holes with a Leimbach rig and used a 48" grader blade which was the perfect size for the unit. For what you pay, this thing is a bargain. I wanted a loader and not an option with 2wd so bought a new 4 wd Kubota 2 months ago and sold the Jinma. The guy who bought it loved it and I may buy another one just to play with as only $3500. I actually miss the thing as it sort of turned into a hobby. Problems I encountered: The thing quit running at 10 hours because the oil in the injector pump was chinese and stuck the ball or something. Changed the oil with diesel engine oil and fine. The rear hydraulics leaked down from pulling 600' of fence post out with the 3 point and chain...fix kit on internet was $25 and my rear hurt as seat is solid mounted..recommend buying the spring seat kit on the web. Also, they don't like to start when it is really cold. Fuel filter is a nightmare to get off the first time and other than that very powerful, very smooth, very unbelievable deal. Okay, that is fact...no speculation as I bought one and used it for two seasons. Hope this helps guys. It is as a nice size...which by the way these things are not small. Over 2000 pounds and almost like a JD 790 sizewise.

Hope this helps potential buyers. Rural King does not deserve a bad wrap in my book and I would buy from them again without any hesitation.

Mow Howard