Jinma 284 FEL problem

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem #1  

obewan2006

I am trying to help my buddy get his new Jinma 284 FEL working and we are having a problem. When we can get the loader to move any one direction the second we move the valve and anyther direction it binds up and stalls the motor. The motor will not restart until we unhook one of the quick connects to the FEL and reconnect it. I think there is a problem with the FEL Control valve. Any ideas?

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem #2  
obewan2006, When the engine stalls.... the pump is dead heading...... good way to crack a pump housing.

What kind of loader do you have???

Sounds like you have some hydraulic lines crossed.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem #3  
Make sure you use the same brand hydraulic QD's in matched pairs. Don't intermix a male and female of 2 different types or they may not let fluid pass. I had the same problem way back...

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem #4  
Yes it indeed does sound like there could be a valve or quick connect problem. Does everything run fine with the quick connects made up to bypass the loader valve(pump to quick connect to diverter valve)? does the steering and 3PH operate with the loader valve in circuit but before you try and work the loader that kills the engine? WHo is the valve made by?

In a open center system, flow is never restricted completely. The pressure may rise when performing work, but the work being performed(lifting a load of gravel with the loader) results in nearly the same ammount of fluid being returned to the outlet of the loader valve from the other side of the cylinders eing operated. If for some reason, the load is excessive, the saftey on the loader valve should bypass the working cylinders and send the flow to the outlet port and the rest of the system. It sounds like you are able to perform some work. Maybe to the point that the other side of the cylinder stops moving air(new system, not fully purged) and you atart trying to move fluid. It almost sounds like the outlet port or the quick connect that passes fluid on to the rest of the system is blocked.

If the loader valve is of the proper type(open center), I would confirm that the pump outlet is plummed to the proper inlet port on the valve(inlet port is usually located near the relief valve). I would also disconnect all the lines from the inlet, outlet and working ports on the loader valve and inspect the ports for any unusual objects(nuts/bolts/washers).

Inspect the quick connect fittings throughly, paying particular attention to the line from the loader valve outlet port. Remove both the male and female parts from the lines, connect these 2 parts together and insure that there is unrestricted flow through them.

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem
The tractor is a Jinma 284 with ZL-20 FEL. We are trying Ron's ideas now. Will keep you posted.

PS now the second you move the FEL control (joystick) the pump dead heads and stalls the engine. Everything works fine until the point you move that joystick. Won't restart until you disconnect and reconnect the FEL QC's because the pump is dead heading while trying to start at that point.

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem
Way to go guys. I removed the check valve balls from the QC's and the FEL is working great. Thanks for all the help. We mount the backhoe his weekend wish us luck.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem #7  
If you had matching QD's male and female there would be no reason to remove the check balls. How did you do that anyway???

/ Jinma 284 FEL problem #8  
sounds funny to me, they should have been plumbed so that the system ran with both hooked up and when one lever moves it dirrects fluid to the cylinder, untill pressure builds moving cylinder, fluid form other side of cylinder goes out the valve and into the return hose to the resivior. now if you had a QD installed backwards then I would have thought that the thing would have dead headed the pump aASAP and wouldn't even run with FEL hooked up....

wonder if there was check valved installed in the FEL valve? perhaps backwards that he is refering to?

markM