3-Point Hitch help - 3-point hitch control lever question

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question #1  

crofutt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354
I assembled my 354 but I don't understand how to use the 3-point hitch controls. The manual states there are two levers. One for height and one for "draft" which I assume is the horizontal cylinder under the seat used for leveling. But I only have one control, the one that the position of the lever corresponds to the height. I don't see how to level the attachment much less even how to control the horizontal cylinder. Am I missing a control? The 3-point arms go up and down with the lever and I figured out (I think) the steel handled valve controls how fast the hitch drops. But so far I haven’t been able to get the horizontal cylinder (top of 3-point hitch) to budge. Any ideas, instructions or comments? Thanks! Bill

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question #2  
Well the 300 series used to use the same liftbox we use on the TS series KAMA, two levers. Most folks never use draft, it is just the opposite as you suggest, the pressure pushing in on the top link causes the lift to automatically raise to ease the load, for a constant load, as you would want in plowing etc. If you hae only one lever it could be a design change and the one lever will be position. but otherwise the LONG handle is draft (nearest fender and the short hanlde just inside of that is position. You ahve to leave draft all the way up for position to work properly.

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question
Here is a picture of the control....

Attachments

• 815115-3_point_lever.jpg
    815115-3_point_lever.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 910
   / help - 3-point hitch control lever question #4  
Whoa - that’s definitely been redesigned.
Based on what you stated about the operators manual - well the manual has not been "redesigned" to match the new tractor hardware.

Like Bluechip said the top link is not a cylinder but it is a "feedback" sensor for draft control. As the pressure from an implement pushes against it the 3 point arms will automatically lift to maintain a constant pulling load on the tractor. Question is where’s the draft control and / or does it have a draft control with the new design. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have draft control.

More pictures would be great, we all want to see more of your new machine.

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question
Thanks! I was completely wrong in my thinking of how the 3-point hitch worked (never owned a tractor before). But as you describe, it makes sense. I work with a Chinese speaking person and will ask her to translate the writing on the control lever tomorrow and will post what is says.
Bill

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question #6  
That is a different lift box (they do have english lables over there, wonder why they didn't use one here?) with the valve on the outside of the box, like the 200 series, but it would seem it has positional control because of the quadrant. Eaiest thing to do is start ther tractor and lift the handle to the up position and the lift should raise.

By the way, dont let Joe see that seat, he may not forgive you for not ordering the suspension seat, (of course you can add one for about $80 at any farm store).

wonder what else is different. Did you get an EPA engine? 2 stage clutch, etc? IF you get a chance, post a picture of the complete tractor.

Did you order this direct from China or through one of the better known brokers in USA/Canada?
keep us posted on what you learn

by the way, if the lift does not work, make sure the knob in the front, under the seat is not too tight, it is like a faucet, open it to work the lift, close it to divert to the capped off lines (half remote).

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question #7  
Hi, I just purchased a new Jinma 354LE and it only has one control and it's in Chinese as well (looks identical to your picture). I too have not been able to get the horizontal cylinder (top of 3-point hitch) to budge. I purchased mine from a dealer in Mississippi and was not aware there should be a second control. If anyone knows the story on this I like to know. I also have a Jinma 284 that I just love and had for 3 years and it’s taking a lot of getting use to the 354. Not sure I like it yet, has no power at low throttle and the turning radius is nowhere near as good as the 284. Also if you do anything other than finish mowing you have to run in low range.

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question #8  
I do not have 2 levers

I have a Jinma 304 and do not have 2 levers, but one only. My manual says there are 2 valves behind the seat that sonmehow toggle between draft and position control. Funny thing is I cannot find the valves.
Thanks,
Rick

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question #9  
I contacted the dealer that I purchased the tractor from and he said the Draft function is no longer available. Sorry to hear that I was really looking forward to using it for bush hogging.

/ help - 3-point hitch control lever question #10  
pej2945 said:
I too have not been able to get the horizontal cylinder (top of 3-point hitch) to budge.
Looks can be deceiving, but that is not a cylinder. The rubber collar probably give you that impression. Underneath is nothing more than a feedback connection between the toplink bracket and the lift control mechanisms. I think feedback linkage is the correct name. The rubber collar just help keep moisture and dirt from entering the hydraulic sump through the linkage channel.

When a ground engaging implement digs too deep, the downward force on the toplink pulls on feedback linkage - which in turn raises the lower lift arms to the level preset by the draft control lever. But in your case - no lever strongly suggests no draft control. The linkage is may still be under the collar, it just doesn't do anything anymore.

//greg//