Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Default Re: Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    are there any aftermarket gasket options available?
    Gaskets are ubiquitous:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cust...rlz=1I7GGIC_en
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble GCR-2 laser receivers.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

perhaps a nice lush soft fibre gasket and some indian head, assuming deck and head are true.

I've had good luck with felpro kits...

also.. it goes without saying.. but are they being re torqued after being warmed?

soundguy

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I plan to use the after-market head bolts. I may machine up a soft copper head gasket.
    I will let you know how it goes.

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Quote Originally Posted by danthefamilyman View Post
    I plan to use the after-market head bolts. I may machine up a soft copper head gasket.
    Headbolts or studs?
    When making a headgasket you have to consider volumetric effiency. This directly affects engine performace, fuel economy, and longevity. Not to mention the EPA. Be careful.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, 7' Dual Dozer with dual Trimble GCR-2 laser receivers.

Y385T cylinder gaskets with different quality. You'd better find good one .
    Yang
    TS tractor parts , Kama tractor parts , Jinma tractor parts, Foton tractor parts, Yangdong engine parts, JD engine parts, Kama engine parts.

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Hey Dan the family man:

Any UPDATES on your setup??? It has been a year and still wondering if you got it all back to running and if so how things were doing & how many miles/hours you had on her.

thanks

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I would be interested in a update too. I would like to see some pictures of the setup.

Advertiser
    Tractor
    Jinma

Wow, that is a great testimony for the y385 engine, if you ever need parts give us a call!!

Ben
    Jinma Tractor Parts, Farm Pro Tractor Parts, Farmpro, Nortrack, Agracat

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Hello Everyone,
    I have still not replaced the head gasket, I will be getting to it once summer is over and I get it into the shop. The Mazda has 40,000 miles on it with the Jinma engine and other than the head gasket, the engine and pickup are in great shape. I will be selling the pickup this fall and moving onto my next project. If any of you are interested in it, please let me know, my email is dan@psi-mfg.com

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Quote Originally Posted by danthefamilyman View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I have still not replaced the head gasket, I will be getting to it once summer is over and I get it into the shop. The Mazda has 40,000 miles on it with the Jinma engine and other than the head gasket, the engine and pickup are in great shape. I will be selling the pickup this fall and moving onto my next project. If any of you are interested in it, please let me know, my email is dan@psi-mfg.com
    HEY Dan: Any luck getting the JM-Mazda up running and sold or still got it going?? Would be great to know what projects ya got going and your old pickup's status, just read up on a kubota powered car wining/tying with the GREEN energy awards in the BUILD IT YOURSELF forum ( http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ar-really.html )

ANYHOW STAY IN TOUCH!

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213