Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #1  
Tractor
Jinma 284
I put a Jinma (yangdong) Y385T in my 1991 Mazda B2600i pickup. I have 10,000 miles on it now. I am very happy with it. I just purchased a Jinma 284 last week, so now I have a tractor with the same engine! I don't know how to put pictures on this site. Can someone tell me how to do it?

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't know how to put pictures on this site. Can someone tell me how to do it? )</font>Click on the FAQ link directly above your posting.

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #4  
dan, I'm guessing your truck's a manual transmission, but did the existing housing mate the engine and tranny without problem, or did you have to come up with a different one?

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup
I do mostly freeway driving at 55-65 MPH (Not the best for mileage as I have to run the engine wide open to get to 65) My best mileage so far has been 53 miles per gallon. I average 37 to 42 miles per gallon most of the time.

I did use the exsisting transmission and modified bell housing, however the bolt patterns did not match up by a long shot and the stock Jinma flywheel was 1/2" too big in diameter as well as too deep. I had to machine off 12 lbs of cast iron from the flywheel to get it to a size that would work. I discarded the Jinma SAE-style "bell housing" and made a new one from 1/2" 6061 aluminum plate. I put the Mazda bell housing bolt pattern into that plate. All together it was about 15-20 hours of machining.

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #7  
Wonder how your Jinma would like a Mazda engine?

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wonder how your Jinma would like a Mazda engine? )</font>

Heck, my Mazda B2000 didn't like its Mazda engine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just added three pictures of the Mazda / Jinma conversion here at this website. They are in My Gallery under "danthefamilyman". Also they are the latest photos added in the main photo gallery. I will put more photo's on next week including flywheel machining / clutch photos.

/ Jima Y385T powered Mazda Pickup #10  
Very cool....

My counterpart at work is in the process of installing a Perkins(out of a Ford Ranger) into his "B" truck.. The issue will be titling it.. How are you handling that?