Dealer Big Dealer Problem - Replacement Clutch - help

/ Big Dealer Problem - Replacement Clutch - help #1  

MikeLonghurst

Hi Giys,

I really hope someone here can help with some advice. I apologise for the posting being a bit long winded but I think you will understand why.

After informing my dealer in the UK about the problem with my broken Clutch back on 26th January 2005, he came back on 1st February 2006 and offered to send a replacement clutch to me in France. Since then I have had nothing but problems trying to get an honest answer out of him about when I will get the new clutch. The story goes like this:

On 1st Feb 2006, he sent an e-mail explaining that he would have a new clutch sent to me directly from China and that this would normally take 4 Days but they are on Holiday until the 7th Feb for the Chinese NEW YEAR. He also said that he would require the old clutch back so I can send it to the factory. So, no problem so far.

On 13th February 2006, I sent an e-mail asking for an update of the new clutch. He simply sent me a reply drafted by Gary at Northwest Products Inc stating that they would be send the parts on Monday or Tuesday (this would be the 13th or 14th Feb 2006). It would now seem that the replacement was coming from the US and not directly from China!!!

On 20th Feb 2006, I sent another e-mail asking for an update on the clutch as the Garage was now starting to get concerned as to how long the tractor had been in the workshop taking up space. There was no reply to the e-mail.

On 22nd Feb 2006, I sent another e-mail to the Dealer and asked for an update. There was no response so I called and managed to speak to him on the phone. He said that the parts had arrived at Heathrow that day and were awaiting customs clearance, and then he would forward them on directly to me. He said the delay had arisen because the parts weighed over 40 kilos and had to go as air freight.

On 2nd March 2006, I again contacted the dealer by e-mail and asked where the new clutch was. He then sent a reply stating that the clutch had arrived at Heathrow that day and was awaiting customs clearance!!! I sent back an e-mail stating that this was exactly what he had told me on 22nd February 2006.

Since then the dealer has not replied to any e-mail messages and when I telephone he is always away from his desk and will phone back, which he never does.

Now has anyone ever come across a dealer who treats his customers in this manner? I have now been without a tractor for 6 weeks during a really bad winter, even worse is the fact that spring is almost here and the ground will start to dry out quickly so I will not be able to finish fencing my fields this year.

Some may say that I am being a bit harsh on the dealer, but when we ordered the tractor and all the attachments from him before moving over to France he was full of promises and said it would all be delivered when we arrived here on 6th Jan 2005. I had paid for all the stuff in advance in November 2004. I eventually received the Tractor on 11th January 2005 and the attachments arrived on 6th March 2006!!! I then made some enquiries and discovered that the dealer had not actually placed the order for the attachments until the 31st January 2005. (Does the term used car salesman ring a bell here?)

My questions are:

How much does a replacement clutch weigh?
How long does it normally take to send something like this through to the UK
Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes to clear stuff through customs at Heathrow.

How much is a new clutch from the US including freight costs (I do not believe that the dealer ever intends sending me a complete new unit through)

Kind Regards, Mike L

/ Big Dealer Problem - Replacement Clutch - help #2  
Mike:

For what it's worth I'd suggest that you start looking for a different dealer or find a supplier for parts for your tractor. Maybe even try and email the manufacturer.

Silly question but can the clutch be rebuilt locally?

Egon

/ Big Dealer Problem - Replacement Clutch - help #3  
The complete clutch assembly weights about 50 lbs, we stock them in the USA, however to air freight one would be expensive my guess around $ 250-300 USD. Dealer support
is very important, most chinese tractor buyers are looking for the lowest cost up front and don't think about after sale support,parts ect. Part of a stocking dealers cost is for the product, parts, service,we use our money not the customers to buy the product to keep in stock so we have to charge more for it. I cannot count how many parts we ship out to customers other than ours that should have been warranty,but they were tired of waiting months to get them.If you want to PM me I will give you cost of the replacement clutch pack and air shipping to you.1- box thru customs should not take more than a day or two. We ship out customers warranty parts next day most cases

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales