2425 farm pro very hard starting

/ 2425 farm pro very hard starting #1  

frigman

Tractor
farm pro 2425
I have a farm pro 2425. I bought it used with 34 hours on it. From reading these forums I think that there should be three glow plugs. I can't find them. The books that I got with the tractor say that I have a preheater or a electrothermic plug. Can some one tell me if I have a preheater or electrothermic plug or glo plugs. I have an H setting on the start switch---when I put the key in that position the amp meter does not deflect at all. I'm a newbie and confused and my tractor still won't start. Thanks for any help.

/ 2425 farm pro very hard starting #2  
The three glow plugs are on the top of the engine, connected by a metal strap often called a "buss bar". Turning the key to H should energize the buss bar with 12v. If the amp meter is working, youshould get almost 10 amps per glow plug dropping as they warm up. At this point, we don't know if the amp meter is working (does it show discharge/charge any other time?). These engines can be hard to start when cold, almost impossible without working glow plugs.

/ 2425 farm pro very hard starting
thanks for your information . I,ll check to see if I have 12 volts at the buss bar that you mentioned. The amp meter does fluctuate when I turn off and on the lights. Can you tell be if I have a fuse block or maybe a fuse link that if blown. thanks again for your help----I appreicate it a bunch.

/ 2425 farm pro very hard starting #4  
<font color="blue"> . I have an H setting on the start switch---when I put the key in that position the amp meter does not deflect at all. I'm a newbie and confused and my tractor still won't start. Thanks for any help. </font>

Hey FrigMan,

I think that you have the YangDong Y385 engine in your tractor. But a check on the Engine Plate will reveal that.

On my Tractor, I have a YangDong Y380T engine. They installed a 10 amp fuse in the Glow Plug circuit on mine, and it kept blowing. The Glow Plug circuit on mine, takes a 30 amp fuse, I am thinking that they pretty much all take a 30 amp fuse, but I am not sure about that.

Check your fuses, to see if any are blown.

When You move the ignition switch to the H position, you should see the amp meter move severly toward the 30 amp draw.

Starting a Chinese Tractor with Decompression is a little bit different than starting a tractor without decompression.

Starting Procedure is:

1. Out of Gear and Push Clutch Pedal, to disengage the transmission and engage the Clutch Safty/Starter Lockout Switch.

2. A little bit of hand throttle, to just above Idle.

3. Turn Decompression handle straight up and hold.

4. Turn ignition switch to H, how long depends on how cold air temperature is, but not longer than about 20 seconds.

5. Engage Starter, after you hear the engine beginning to spin, then return the decompression lever to disengage it.

6. The engine should start, if it doesn't then wait a little bit for the starter to cool down and repeat procedure.

7. After engine starts, throttle down to idle to warm up for about 5 to 10 minutes.

If the starter is not engaging at all, then it may be the Clutch Safety/Starter Lockout switch needs to be adjusted and/or replaced, or taken out of the circuit to diagnose, if that is the point that is preventing a current to the starter.

First, check the fuse block, to see what is going on there. Then give us a report, so that someone here can help you.

Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif