Jinma crate Tractor Question

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
Hi, I am thinking about buying a new Jinma 2544 in crate from a dealer about an hour from here. Was wondering how reliable the tractors are, how easy it is to get parts, and how well do they perform. Most of what I have read about these tractors has been very positive. I use to work at a Case IH, Cub Cadet, Kabota dealer and have serviced and put together many tractors and attachments, so putting one together from a crate should be fun for me. Does this model have rear dif lock? I haven't been to the dealer yet to check them out. The main thing that bothers me is the dealer only offers a 30 day warranty. I don't care so much about the labor, but a longer warranty on parts would be nice. Also, I would like install a loader on the tractor, how are the Jinma loaders? I plan on using the tractor for loader work (moving some dirt, brush and gravel) making ATV trails, snow removal, getting firewood, plowing our small garden, using a brush cutter and someday a 3pt snowblower. How are the backhoes? Thanks for any help. mitchash

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question
I also wanted to know how well these tractors start in the winter (I live in central NY State). Also how tall are they with the ROPS folded down (just wondering if it will fit in my small shops doorway)? I will have the ag tires because I will mainly be using the machine in the woods and garden. Thanks again.

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question #3  
The tractors do have a differntial lock, the Koyker loader is better than the chinese but they do cost more,the backhoes I don't think much of there is a new Korean made backhoe thats less than the Koykers and are a good value,the tractor comes with a 1-year parts waranty from the factory,I don't know why the dealer is not extending that to you.Parts sources are good ,we have a large inventory as well as a few others,you can add a inline heater to the lower radiator hose to help with cold starts, they also have a decompression lever on the non-shuttle shifts as well as glow glugs.Hope this answered most of your questions.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales Co

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question #4  
Can you divulge the central NY crate dealer? I get asked that question, fairly often, and there are very few NY dealers, let along crate. Thanks.

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question #5  
here I figured he was already over to you're place JOHNS and checked out you'res /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tommy answered most of the questions well adn there are close up postad answereng them all if you read this forum top to bottom .

good machines and mine starts pretty dang well. I keep one of th Harborfreight/SPeedway motors (homier) batery maintainers on her and only use the glow plugs in cent of Ohio. starting very well rarely used the decompression lever. maybe 3 times. I upgraded the battery cables to HEAVY welding cable and made sure to get GOOD connections using anti oxident electrical compound on all connections works like a charm. 10~20 sec on the glow plugs 1/3 throttle & crank her over she fires right up... that is under 40 degrees under 30 degrees I keep a small amount of K1 mixed in the fuel for easier starting and she starts exactly same with maybe an extra crank try or two.

mark M

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question #6  
Hey Mitchash:
Where are you in NYS? I'm in Spencerport (Near Rochester)
I've done 2 Jinma 284's in crates and it's a ball. I sold one last year but have been using the other year round. It always starts up easily even at "0" degrees. the foldable ROPS lets me drive it into the garage (unheated)for storage. Your welcome to come check it out, I have a Jinma loader on it,and a Jinma 6" capacity wood chipper. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question #8  
I'd be interested in a chipper al;so. Where and how did you acquire yours. Thanks

John

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question
I live near Oneida, NY. Where are other Jinma dealers in NY?

/ Jinma crate Tractor Question #10  
<font color="blue"> Can you divulge the central NY crate dealer? I get asked that question, fairly often, and there are very few NY dealers, let along crate. Thanks. </font>

John, Here's one near Utica NY that sells crate tractors on ebay
Hudson Forest Equipment

eBay Item 7602397657