my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ?

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #1  

Frankm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Nortrac 204
I just got the new tractor , from Nortrac, i have put 3 Hr on it , and when i have the clutch half way in or out , it sounds like the thing is going to come apart , all the way in or out its fine , but half way , it sounds bad , i have a call in to them , but all they say was they will get back to me in 24 HR , i am not vary happy with just spending $9000, and its bad in just 3 Hr on it, all i was doing was useing my York Rake , i dont know what to think .any one have any ideas ?

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #2  
Sorry to hear .... since you are under warranty, I would wait and see how or what they are going to do to help you.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #3  
FrankM,Chip at Artrac has said that they overfill the transmission to allow oil to get between the main shaft and PTO shaft,there is a O-ring that seperates the 2 and thats what you are hearing when you let the clutch out,PTO shaft is turning then the other main shaft starts to turn at halfway out on the clutch.We have had to replace the O-rings on several,so I have not tried what Chip has said,once it's gets lubricated you drain the oil level back down.It's worth a try

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #4  
Good luck!!!!! mine went down at about 18 Hrs(Dec 5, 2005) and it took till Feb 7, 2006 to get me the parts I requested on Dec 5, 2005. I will have to post the facts about my purchase (what a nightmare). (I was told on Dec 19, 2005 they would have the tractor picked up and fixed but it neaver happend)

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #5  
Most problems with the Jinma tractors are minor,we sell parts everyday to customers that bought from someone that does not service or have parts.Most of these parts are under warranty but they do not want to wait to get them.So you have to decide what is a warranty worth if the selling dealer cannot supply parts or service. We have not had any tractor in our shop more than a week for anything including a complete transmission replacement,most tractor warranty or serviced tractor are in and out with in a few days.Not defending Northern but I know they had some employee issues a few months back so hopefully thats all back on track.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #6  
VA Randy, I was lucky enough to visit Northern's parts facility, a couple of years ago, in MN. At that time, it had a large quantity of parts. Many shelves were full of common parts, along with many parts that I would consider not common or even highly unlikely to fail or break. I am curious, what model Jinma do you have, and what specific part(s) took so long. Thanks.

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ?
Well i talked to the service Dept, was told they well have it picket up, but looking at the warranty, i have to pay for the trucking and First $100.00 labor, this tractor i have only put 3 Hr on , ,I will talk to the guy in the morning about this , i just wonder if i can just send the tractor back, you may as well say the warranty is wortless if this is the case, ill let you know how i make out , 3 Hr on it and it looks like ill have a ton a money in it to start off. just dont seam right .

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #8  
Please let everyone know what happens. I think if you get your money back you should go to a local dealer that you can get in touch with when you need them.

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #9  
One thing is there is the chance you have the pto shaft partly engauged? this can make noise with 3 hrs on her It could mean something went bad though.

be sure to check the pto levers, Both 540/1000 rpm levers and the one on the floor board by the left foot so they are in neutral. 1/2 way out like stated above is PTO on for th elive pto. make sure all lubercant levels are oK, too. some gear noise is normal too. these are not hydro tractors they are old tech for new world .

mark M

/ my NEW nortrac Tractor , 3 Hr and its Down ? #10  
I have a Foton model tractor (from Rural King). After running it a few hours, noticed that my PTO never stopped running. It would "spin" at a low RPM even when I had the PTO shifted to neutral. It also made a low "grinding" noise back there.

I then noticed that I couldn't raise or lower my hitch. I thought, wow, what junk. Anyway, I decided to check the transmission fluid. It was full. I then replaced the cap and magically everything worked again. The hitch went up and down and then PTO stopped running when PTO was shifted to neutral.