Shuttle Shift

/ Shuttle Shift #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
Anyone have any problems with there Jinmas shuttle shift? I read somewhere that they have been having some troubles with them. I drove a new Jinma over the weekend and really liked the shuttle shift option. Thanks, Ash

/ Shuttle Shift #2  
Ash, I have a 284LE that is shuttle shift and I have somewhere near 150 hours on it with no problems other than it shifted extremly hard for the first 30 hours or so. I really like it for FEL work and for what I use the tractor for. I've heard that they aren't the greatest running a tiller but I've never tried so I don't know. I think it would be fine though.

/ Shuttle Shift #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ash, I have a 284LE that is shuttle shift and I have somewhere near 150 hours on it with no problems other than it shifted extremly hard for the first 30 hours or so. I really like it for FEL work and for what I use the tractor for. I've heard that they aren't the greatest running a tiller but I've never tried so I don't know. I think it would be fine though. )</font>

it's not so much the shuttle shift that will give you a headache when running a tiller but the ground speed. When shuttle shift you lose your creeper gears which are good for tilling. You can have your engine in the power range without going to fast.

/ Shuttle Shift #4  
I have a late model (2005) Jinma 224 with shuttle shift. I like it although the roll pin at the linkage under my right foot broke. I was not able to get a new one on, so I replaced it with a good thick cotter pin and adjusted the travel. Now it goes right into gear. I dont have to beat it to do so. I also shift a little slower as it likes that. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Shuttle Shift #5  
I have a late model (2005) Jinma 224 with shuttle shift. I like it although the roll pin at the linkage under my right foot broke. I was not able to get a new one on, so I replaced it with a good thick cotter pin and adjusted the travel. Now it goes right into gear. I dont have to beat it to do so. I also shift a little slower as it likes that. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif