Jinma 224 Brush hog

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
I have a 2 cylinder 224 that is a real 22 hp and was wondering what size brush hog it will handle. I was thinking 5 foot because it will be cutting mostly tall grass not 2 inch wood debris. I have a few fields I will use it on and its not really brushy. Those are hardwood Cherry seedlings in the pic....Opinions needed.........Thanks

Attachments

• 898864-6-01-2006 cabin 017_renamed_21869.jpg
    898864-6-01-2006 cabin 017_renamed_21869.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 294
   / Jinma 224 Brush hog
I have a 2 cylinder 224 that is a real 22 hp and was wondering what size brush hog it will handle. I was thinking 5 foot because it will be cutting mostly tall grass not 2 inch wood debris. I have a few fields I will use it on and its not really brushy. Those are hardwood Cherry seedlings in the pic....Opinions needed.........Thanks

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog #3  
my 224 is 3 cyl. but handles a 5 ft hog with no problems in foot high grass that wasnt cut for 10 years!
nice pic, but wheres the tractor?
scottie

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog #4  
my 224 is 3 cyl. but handles a 5 ft hog with no problems in foot high grass that wasnt cut for 10 years!
nice pic, but wheres the tractor?
scottie

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog
I just dropped it off at my cabin.... I used to cut the grass with a swisher behind my ATV but it was too hard to maneveur around the trees and to back up. I sold that and a walk behind mower is out of the question. What kind of mower do you have. I was gonna pick one up At TSC.

Attachments

• 898907-6-01-2006 cabin 011_renamed_31103.jpg
    898907-6-01-2006 cabin 011_renamed_31103.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 238
   / Jinma 224 Brush hog
I just dropped it off at my cabin.... I used to cut the grass with a swisher behind my ATV but it was too hard to maneveur around the trees and to back up. I sold that and a walk behind mower is out of the question. What kind of mower do you have. I was gonna pick one up At TSC.

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog #7  
John,

The 5'er should be fine, unless it is constant diet of 2" trees. For the thicker stuff, just going to have to go a bit slower. After the 1st mowing, it will only be grass on the maintenance cuts. TSC carries the King Kutter brand, which is what I have. It is light duty, but it has been fine so far. I haven't gone through one shear bolt! I have hit a good number rocks that grow each year, and even a few old tires. I did some mods to it: KK Hog Mods With the lowered pins, I didn't need to cut the pto shaft. I haven't got around to making a chain guard. The KK deck, makes that a slightly more challenging build, than the Howse light duty cutter.

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog #8  
John,

The 5'er should be fine, unless it is constant diet of 2" trees. For the thicker stuff, just going to have to go a bit slower. After the 1st mowing, it will only be grass on the maintenance cuts. TSC carries the King Kutter brand, which is what I have. It is light duty, but it has been fine so far. I haven't gone through one shear bolt! I have hit a good number rocks that grow each year, and even a few old tires. I did some mods to it: KK Hog Mods With the lowered pins, I didn't need to cut the pto shaft. I haven't got around to making a chain guard. The KK deck, makes that a slightly more challenging build, than the Howse light duty cutter.

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog
Will I have to cut the PTO shaft or will she work??? I figured it would handle mild stuff with a 5 footer. I like to hook things up and they work..... It is good to get insight. Your website has been great in helping us out with our tractors. Keep up the good work..

/ Jinma 224 Brush hog
Will I have to cut the PTO shaft or will she work??? I figured it would handle mild stuff with a 5 footer. I like to hook things up and they work..... It is good to get insight. Your website has been great in helping us out with our tractors. Keep up the good work..