Almost Ready to Buy New Tractor

/ Almost Ready to Buy New Tractor #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
I know what tractor I want (Jinma 254) and what extras I want on it. The biggest thing for me to decide is the loader. I know the Koyker is a better loader but I can get the Jinma loader with the tractor for about $2000 (includes shipping). The best I have found for the Koyker is $3500.+. I have looked at the mods for the Jinma loader and they don't sound too bad. I probably would change some of the hyd. like the levers to joy stick and have float, not sure what that would cost. I just don't want to get it and regret not getting something a little more heavy duty, I know I will end up using the loader hard after I have the tractor for awhile. I see Nortrac uses Great Bend and I have seen some with a Spirit loader. Thanks for any help, Ash

/ Almost Ready to Buy New Tractor #2  
I Highly recomend the Koyker. I have the model 160 bolted up to a Jinma354 and it works first time every time. By the time you upgrade (Replace) all the hydraulics by converting from metric to SAE etc, etc. You could have purchased the Koyker. It will bolt up and you will be 100 % satisfied right out of the box. I paid 2900 for mine a year and a half ago. Seems like they sure have gone up in price, make sure you check many dealers for the best overall deal.

If you decide on the Jinma loader,
Do your homework and learn about hydraulics, make sure you use good quality quick connects and that each end of the quick connect is from the same manufacturer and are completely seated. Do you have a good source of metric to SAE adapters, fittings, hydraulic hoses, FEL valve with float, etc.

/ Almost Ready to Buy New Tractor #3  
I have the 140 Koyker and it's great. Cost me $2750 in Nov. 2004, it's the only loader I've ever had so I don't have anything to compare it to but I am totally satisfied with mine.