kama ts254c clutch

/ kama ts254c clutch
Thanks. I put the clutch together tonite and am planning to put the tractor together after work and give it a try. Best I can tell, from the tip of the main release lfinger to the tip of the aux tip is about 5.5mm, which is where I set them. Gues you can't see if you have the 2.5mm from the tip of the main relese finger to the throwout bearing until it's back together...what a pain in the butt this is. what's the cost of the new assembly, and what's it come with? Is everything preset?

/ kama ts254c clutch #13  
lakespirit said:
Best I can tell, from the tip of the main release lfinger to the tip of the aux tip is about 5.5mm, which is where I set them.

My book shows this gap should be 8.5mm, My tractor is a TS354 but I would think they are the same.

If you look at your drawing it gives a measurement of 101.5 From the flywheel face to the tip of the main release finger. This is on page 22 of the operation manual. It should get you in the ballpark.

/ kama ts254c clutch #14  

Attachments

• Clutch.jpg
    Clutch.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 181
   / kama ts254c clutch
It is the same clutch. Any great ideas on how to get the 2 splines to line up without it taking 8 hours? I failed tonite.

/ kama ts254c clutch #16  
Be sure the disks are alligned. We use a NAPA universal alignment tool. then install half a drive shaft on the PTO and put the PTO in gear, now you can turn the PTO splines from the back of the tractor. To line up the main splines, you can turn the flywheel with a big scrw driver or pry bar. It helps to have some helpers. to push pull, turn at the same time.

/ kama ts254c clutch
Chip's the man (so far). I used your method for getting the tractor together and it is now running...even at normal speeds in different gears!!!

Now to Dwanye...you've helped a lot and I actually got it together fairly easily using some of the dimensions you gave me.

Now I have one other issue, and not sure what to try. My 3 point isn't working. The PTO turns fine. Any ideas there?

Thanks again to both you guys.

/ kama ts254c clutch #18  
lakespirit said:
My 3 point isn't working. The PTO turns fine. Any ideas there?

The engage/dis-engage for the PTO has to stay on to run the hydraulic pump. The PTO should be operated using the RPM select lever.

Other than that I wouldn't have a clue unless it has no fluid?

/ kama ts254c clutch #19  
DwayneB,
The engage/dis-engage for the PTO has to stay on to run the hydraulic pump.
I'm not sure what you mean by that? My hydraulic pump runs as soon as the engine runs? Could you clarify? Is yours different?

/ kama ts254c clutch #20  
3RRL said:
DwayneB,
I'm not sure what you mean by that?
My 354's Hydraulic pump is run by the PTO, hence the PTO must stay engauged for it to operate. If I push the clutch all the way in the pump stops. I have 2 levers one to engauge the PTO(This gets the PTO running to run the pump). Then there is the PTO rpm selector that has 2 speeds + a neutral(which stops the outboard PTO shaft. I don't know how the 554 works.