kama ts254c clutch

/ kama ts254c clutch
The 3 point hitch, I thought goes up and down from the hydraulics, right? If not, I have bigger issues. It is in the lowered position, but won't raise up using the 2 levers to the fight of the seat.

/ kama ts254c clutch #22  
lakespirit said:
The 3 point hitch, I thought goes up and down from the hydraulics, right?
Yep it does. If you can get your PTO on the rear of the tractor to run then the hydraulic pump should be running also. Any info on your tractor would help. How many hrs, what led to the clutch failure, etc etc.

do ya got a loader? Was the tph working before? Could be pump problem if the fluid level is ok.

Was the pump dead headed recently for some reason? Is it making any strange noises?

/ kama ts254c clutch #23  
You guys are doing good. If you can get the PTO shaft to spin, than as Dwane said, pump is being driven. let us know that and we'll take if from there. If it is not, the lever by left heal must be up (about 45 degrees toward the front of tractor from straignt down). If htis is down, no hydraulics, no PTO. The PTO on the TS series is driven off of the input shaft for the PTO so it is affected by the two stage clutch, no problem with this once the operator is used to it.

/ kama ts254c clutch
WOW! I'm almost there. Hydraulics working, FEL is working. Somehow I managed to mess up the throttle lever that's on the right rear fender. A lot of slack in the cable and no springs appear to be missing. No huge thing I can probably figure that one, BUT I think my last hurdle is the proper clutch adjustment.

I only let it out about an inch from when it disengages and it's pretty herky-jerky and I'm afraid to dirve it for fear it'll die again.

/ kama ts254c clutch #25  
The throttle lever simply pulls down the foot pedal, which in turn opens the throttle. check your linkages. The springs are disk type and are in the base of the handle itself.

/ kama ts254c clutch #26  
lakespirit said:
WOW! I'm almost there.

I only let it out about an inch from when it disengages and it's pretty herky-jerky and I'm afraid to dirve it for fear it'll die again.

From what I have read the fingers have to be almost exactly the same clearance from the throw-out bearing or it will do what you described. A shudder when the clutch engages?

/ kama ts254c clutch #28  
sounds like you just about got it, hang in there ;)

/ kama ts254c clutch
Chip, Dwayne & Rob,

Many, Many thanks to you!! PTO works, Hydaraulics work and even the doggone clutch is working reasonably well. Fixed the throttle linkage too!

Since I got it running, any advice on how to actually dig dirt with the FEL? (Guess you figured it out that I'm a guy in the woods with some acreage that NEVER used a tracotr) The fitting under the PS reservoir leaks and I can't make it stop. Is there supposed to be teflon tape on the threads or a washer of some sort on that flared fitting?

Thanks again,

Jeff

/ kama ts254c clutch #30  
lakespirit said:
Since I got it running, any advice on how to actually dig dirt with the FEL? The fitting under the PS reservoir leaks and I can't make it stop. Is there supposed to be teflon tape on the threads or a washer of some sort on that flared fitting?
The loaders on these tractors aren't really meant to dig dirt(more to move loose dirt). Buying a tooth bar will help it dig. If you do try to dig with it use some of the slowest gears you have, have it in 4WD, and your foot on the diff lock(by your right foot). Bucket slightly angled down so cutting edge bites dirt, as the bucket starts to fill start to curl and lift. More curl than lift till you have a full bucket. And never ever slip the clutch to control speed. Let the tractor spin the wheels. Decrease your bite with loader to stop spin, only clutch when you intend to stop. A better way to dig is with a grader box or backhoe, then use the loader to move the pile.