Running Problems

/ Running Problems #1  

fancherf

Tractor
304 Jinma
I own a Jinma 304, it is about two years old with 124 hours on it. It will run for about 15 min upon initial starting. Once the motor has warmed up it will not run above a high idle with out quitting like it is out of gas. I've cleaned the whole fuel system, changed the fuel filter, bled all the air out, and tested it for leaks. Any suggestions?

/ Running Problems
I think they are alright. I will check it tonight.

/ Running Problems #4  
I am having a similar issue on my Lenar. What is meant by "linkages"?

/ Running Problems #5  
" Linkages "

The cables/rods which conect the throttle to the governor.

/ Running Problems #6  
If a diesel engine will run smooth for 15 mint. then quit, it's running out of fuel,there is a screen in the fuel tank, inside the banjo bolt,debris gets behind the petcock valve, fuel filter clogged, it will be a fuel related problem ,I'm positive of that you will just have to trace out the source for the blockage.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Running Problems #7  
Affordable said:
If a diesel engine will run smooth for 15 mint. then quit, it's running out of fuel,there is a screen in the fuel tank, inside the banjo bolt,debris gets behind the petcock valve, fuel filter clogged, it will be a fuel related problem ,I'm positive of that you will just have to trace out the source for the blockage.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

Tommy is right, the banjo fitting where the fuel line hooks up to the injector pump might have a clogged screen. I would really check the fuel line from the tank also, I have seen a few that the inside of the line seperated and under suction from the pump close the line off, you can't see it the walls internally close. The screen in the tank could be a problem, I fixed one that had a rag in the tank and another that had a glove in the tank and a third, I don't know what it was in the tank looked like walnut shells.

/ Running Problems #8  
Egon said:
" Linkages "

The cables/rods which conect the throttle to the governor.

Thanks for the clarification...and yes I'm a newbie to tractors and diesel engines.

/ Running Problems
Linkage looks just fine. I am going to break down the fuel system again and check all of the screens. I have blown out the fuel tank, but I will check again to make sure. Thank you for all of the good advise.

/ Running Problems #10  
Take the fuel filter off, open the shut off valve and check for a good flow of fuel to run out of the filter line. If there is good flow chack for blockage past the filter, if no good flow, well you know what to do.