KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #1  

zogman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kama TS354C & Ferguson TO20
Special thanks to Chip from ARTRAC for all the info...

TIRE PRESSURE:

Front (With Front End Loader) – 35 psi
Rear (With Backhoe) – 20 psi

ENGINE FIRING ORDER

1 – 3 – 4 – 2

50 HOUR SERVICE

Adjust Valve Clearance

• Intake (Cold) .20 – .25 mm
• Exhaust (Cold) .25 – .30 mm

Re-Torque Head Bolts

• 150 – 170 NM (Be sure to loosen, lubricate and then re-tighten head bolts)

Replace Oil, Oil Filter & Fuel Filter

• Oil Filter – NAPA # 1516
• Fuel Filter – NAPA # 3195

Check Air Filter

• Air Filter – NAPA # 2276

See attached .JPG for engine layout

Attachments

• 2005 KAMA TS354C.jpg
    2005 KAMA TS354C.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 872
   / KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #2  
I have a 3 cylinder KAMA 354C. Do you have any helpful info for valve adjustment, firing order or US filters for my 3 cylinder model?
Thanks

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #3  
Dave,
If you have a 3 cylinder, it is not a TS354C, could be a TS354X with TY395 engine. If it is a Yandong engine it is a TS254C, the "C" has the fiberglass hood and fenders, wrap around headlight, etc. All TS354C have been manufactured with a 4 cylinder engine. Is yours a TY354C? if so it is a different tractor from a different factory and has a different engine altogether.

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #4  
Dave_Lilly said:
I have a 3 cylinder KAMA 354C. Do you have any helpful info for valve adjustment, firing order or US filters for my 3 cylinder model?
Thanks

Hey Dave,

Several of us have documented the Valve Adjustment in the Owners Club. We'd love to have you.

Have a nice day,
Joe:cool:

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #5  
My KAMA has metal fenders and hood. The hood has a decal on it that says it is a "TS354LE". The engine has a tag that says "TS354X, Engine Model JDTY395IT-S,Engine #04-H0407300.
My maual described it as aTS354C, so I don't really know just what version of KAMA that I have.
Thanks
Dave

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #6  
Dave,
The correct model is TS354X, your dealer must have liked the sound of TS354LE and named it as such. All of the chassis parts are same, but engine, clutch and body parts are different from the TS254C and TS354C. Also sounds like they sent you the wrong books, but most of the operator and chassis info is same so they are useful. Just be sure if you order parts you ask for TS354X parts, espcecially if for the engine.

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #7  
So on the re-torque of the head bolts you completely remove one at a time and lightly oil it and torque it before moving to the next? I would be afraid of breaking the head gasket seal but if you do one at a time in sequence I guess you should be ok. Im approaching 50hrs on my ts354c and am going to do this as well.

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #8  
michaelTS354 said:
So on the re-torque of the head bolts you completely remove one at a time and lightly oil it and torque it before moving to the next? I would be afraid of breaking the head gasket seal but if you do one at a time in sequence I guess you should be ok. Im approaching 50hrs on my ts354c and am going to do this as well.
That is the way I did mine and it did not break the gasket seal.

/ KAMA TS354C HELPFUL INFO #9  
In the past I have been trained not to loosen first, just be sure they are tight, but I have read very convincing arguments to do as you suggest and remove, lube and retorque. I would only do this one at a time and I would do it in two or three stages, in other words, remove and oil and torqu to 80 or 90 percent of final torque, then use the pattern in the book (stagger starting near center of the head and work out) to the final toruqe. Mainly you are trying to find bolts that have streached under use before they allow the head to warp enough to blow the head gasket. You cant get an accurate torque without cleaning and oiling, but you could find a loose head bolt. Most important is that the head bolts are all done/checked the same way.