jinma 224 hydraulics repair

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair #1  

TSMART

Silver Member
Tractor
jinma jm 224
05 jinma 224, shuttle shift. Koyker 160 loader.

Both the 3 point hitch and the FEL not operating (lifting) smoothly-very jerky. Last time this happened, at 60 hours, I changed the fluid and the spin on hydraulic strainer; the problem went away. Now I have 100 hours on it, the problem is back, but filling the reservoir to correct level did not change things as I thought it would. Time for a new spin-on filter?

The reason I lost the fluid was a small leak in one of the hyd. lines to the FEL...its just a minor drip thing(...but can that introduce air into the system?

What causes this jerkyness?? Air bubble in the line? Whats the fix? Thanks.

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair
One other clue--I MAY have filled the res. without the TPH completely down....there was nothing attatched at the time, but I read a post that the hyd. system must be inactive. So if thats the case, what do I do?

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair #3  
TSMART said:
One other clue--I MAY have filled the res. without the TPH completely down....there was nothing attatched at the time, but I read a post that the hyd. system must be inactive. So if thats the case, what do I do?
Just lower the TPH and check the level again.

Air in the system will cause your symptoms. But unless you've blocked off the fill/vent, it should be self-bleeding. Have you inspected the hydraulic suction screen? It could be blocked - or collapsed

//greg//

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair
To my knowledge, (and I may be wrong)...I do not have a suction strainer screen. The newer jinmas have an in line spin on hyd filter....ok, it is really a strainer, but looks just like a filter. It is on the right side of the engine. The only thing on top of the reservoir is the dipstick and fill tube.

There COULD be a strainer where the line goes back into the res. on the side, but I was under the impression that when Jinma went to the spin on filter, they eliminated the strainer, previously located on top of the res. Hope I am not way off here.

To bring the reservoir up to level required about a half a gallon of fluid.

I will make sure this spin on strainer is on tight; and I will run the tractor again today to see if things just got better by it sitting there overnight.

Thanks again.

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair #5  
Also take a wrench to all the fittings on the suction line between resovoir and pump. Air is far less dense than hydro fluid so it is far easier to get air into a line than fluid out. A loose fitting might introduce air to the pump but might not leak very much fluid since that is the suction line. This type airleak could introduce air as fast as it is purged back in the resovoir. If the suction line is airtight and the strainer is clean, you may have a pump seal issue allowing air in on the pump body.

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair #6  
Air in the system can cause the problems your describing. The air compresses like a ballon and once enough resistance is met it expands causing the jerky motion. If the oil in the resivour appears foamy check the tightness all of your fittings on the intake side of the pump. Suction leaks are much more difficult to diagnose than pressure leaks.

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair #7  
Take the screw on filter housing apart, the plastic bypass valve and spring may have broke.We have had several that have done the same thing,if thats the problem you will have to replace the filter housing.Northern has them for around $ 15.00.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair #8  
   / jinma 224 hydraulics repair #9  
The new Jinmas with the spin on filter do not have the brass screen filter in the hydraulic lift box anymore,only the older Jinmas have them.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ jinma 224 hydraulics repair #10  
TSMART said:
To my knowledge, (and I may be wrong)...I do not have a suction strainer screen. The newer jinmas have an in line spin on hyd filter....ok, it is really a strainer, but looks just like a filter. It is on the right side of the engine. The only thing on top of the reservoir is the dipstick and fill tube.

There COULD be a strainer where the line goes back into the res. on the side, but I was under the impression that when Jinma went to the spin on filter, they eliminated the strainer, previously located on top of the res. Hope I am not way off here.Thanks again.

You are correct ..... if you have a external hydraulic spin on filter next to the starter/right side .... it will not have a suction strainer screen under the seat as Tommy stated. The newer style models have a total different box.

If you would ever want to look inside the new style lift box ..... just remove the seat, ....... the hole top of the lift boxs comes off ....... like a big bolted down lid/cover.

None of the hydraulic lines are the same as the old style.... pressure in or suction out.

I don't think you will find a screen/filter in the tank as found on some of the other Jinma models.

It is easy to check your by-pass valve in the hyd filter head ..... if it is broke ... you will see it .... if nothing else, you will see a empty spring.

Are you using the factory hydraulic quick disconnects???.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply