204 Nortac front end loader

/ 204 Nortac front end loader #1  

Frankm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Nortrac 204
i have a 204 Nortac with a Front end loader, when its cold out it wont move at all , have to start the tractor up and run it for about 10 min. or so befor it will move , but then it works fine , i drained the oil out ant put new AW 32 in it, i think thats what it was from Napa , still when its cold it wont move. is there anything i can ajust on it , if you remumber , i had to have a new pump and valve put on it when the tractor was new ,

/ 204 Nortac front end loader #2  
What brand loader do you have, Great bend? I have 254 with GB 220 loader and mine does the same when cold, maybe someone here knows what can be done??

/ 204 Nortac front end loader
VaRandy said:
What brand loader do you have, Great bend? I have 254 with GB 220 loader and mine does the same when cold, maybe someone here knows what can be done??
its made in Wisconsin , ill have to look and see what brand it is .

Well i have been talking with some guys , they say it sounds like a week pump , its the 2nd one i have had on it if you remumber , the first one was bad a 3 Hr on it , now i have like 20 on it , if its the pump, i dont know what to think , but when its cold it dont do a thing , after about a good 5 min. it works ????

/ 204 Nortac front end loader #5  
You need to get a 3000psi hyd. gauge and check the pressure. I think there is an adjustable relief valve on the tractor system but I am not sure. Try asking Tommy or Richard at Affordable tractor or your favorite dealer about how to check and adjust the bypass pressure. My FEL will pick up over 600lb and it is rated to pick up about 800lb. I never have checked my pressure because it is working ok. I have a 2001 NT254 with a Great Bend 220 FEL. My FEL requires 1950 psi for max. lifting.

/ 204 Nortac front end loader #6  
Mine did the same thing until I changed the fluid, make sure you have the AW32 and not something else. The Chinese fluid was terrible.

i did change it , and the 32 is what i used ? some one must know for sure why it wont move for about 5 min , then it works fine .

/ 204 Nortac front end loader #8  
The only reason that it would be slow is that you put universal hydraulic fluid and not AW032 hydraulic fluid.The universal fluid is thicker than o32 and once it heats up and thins out it's fine.Check the container your oil is in to see for sure that it's universal or the AW032.If it was a weak pump it would be slow all the time,it could also be a sticking priority valve which makes sure you have hydraulics to your steering first then to the 3-point.My guess is the type of fluid.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

yes aw32 from NAPA , now that you say that about the steering, one time it seam to get real hard to steer , so what would i look for ?

if its a sticking priority valve, what do i do about that , Thanks For the Help.