New Jinma 254

/ New Jinma 254 #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
I finally finished putting my new tractor together. With all the holidays and everything going on it's been hard to get the time to work on it. It runs good, there are a few minor problems the tack and fuel gauge don't work and the hyd. and power steering don't work. I live in central NY State so it's pretty cold here in the winter. What is everyone using for engine and hyd oil in this climate? Thanks, Ash

/ New Jinma 254 #2  
Mitch, Rotella T in the lightest desiel 10 W 40 in the engine and AG32 in the hydraulics is what I use. Find hydraulic oil that is safe for yellow metal and anti-forming. You might also want to install a lower radiator hose heater to aid in starting, get one at your auto parts store, mine is 500 watt and works well.

/ New Jinma 254 #3  
billbill1 said:
Mitch, Rotella T in the lightest desiel 10 W 40 in the engine and AG32 in the hydraulics is what I use.
I'm pretty sure Bill meant to type 15W40 oil for the engine, and AW32 in the hydraulics.

//greg//

/ New Jinma 254 #4  
Yeah,me to in w.va.,,you don't get into disagreement till you ask what kind of oil you use in trans and in front end,,,,,,Will go ahead and start it,,,,,,I use now,,,,40 weight non detergent in front and in trans,,,with a little of that lucas,,,[gal in trans and qt in front],,,,believe thats a little thick,,,but its been in there for three winters now,,,,I would say 40 weight nondetergent with out lucas would be right,,,only reason I added lucas was cause I had leak,,[small leak which is still there,another story], reason I do,is cause northern said to use 40 weight below 50 degrees and 30 weight above 50 degrees,,didn't want to change,,so just will keep what I got in it,,,,hard to find but I did at a federated auto store. Got 560 hours now,in 4 1/2 years,,,,,,most use gear oil,,which is alright I reckon too,,in other words any thing probably 30 weight or more would be fine,,want non detergent / non foaming what ever you use,,,,universal is to thin in my opinion.,,,,,,,,another disagreement is what to use in injector pump,,I use same oil I put in motor and always have,,,,,,,good luck with that crate tractor,,,,,thingy

/ New Jinma 254 #5  
the fuel guage, tach, etc... are probably a loose connection under the dash. Try that first.

And I would first change all the fluids which could be preventing your hydraulic system from flowing.

/ New Jinma 254
How many gallons of oil will I need for engine and hyd.?

/ New Jinma 254 #7  
mitchash said:
How many gallons of oil will I need for engine and hyd.?
Depending upon which oil pan you got, engine plus filter can take up to 1.8 gallons of diesel engine oil.

Hydraulic sump holds ~2.4 gallons of non-foaming hydraulic fluid, but it's independent of the tranny and differentials.

Transmission/rear differential holds ~3.7 gallons of non-foaming gear oil, front differential takes another 1.2 gallons.

Injection pump only takes a few ounces of engine or compressor oil

Power steering uses the hydraulic fluid above.

Cooling system holds ~2.1 gallons of at least 50/50 coolant/water mix

Fuel tank holds ~5.8 gallons of diesel fuel. If ULSD is used, I recommend adding diesel fuel conditioner to every tank.

//greg//