Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone buy a Lenar recently?

May be getting their new LE304 model for research work. The previous posts on here seem to leave a less than desired outlook. But that was from before the new Texas distributor came online. I'll most likely just put 50 to 60 hours a year on it.

John

Tractor
    Jinma 284LE 06'

Default Re: Anyone buy a Lenar recently?

Welcome to the forum John!

When you say research you mean Ag. research for a University or so? If that's the case, I would certainly buy something from a LOCAL dealer that can do all the routine maintenance and repairs for you, and that also comes with a pretty good warranty. The last thing you would want is to mess up your expensive 3-5 year crop research for a tractor failure! Besides, the tractor and maintenance is probably included in the grant budget, right?

About Lenars, as you said there have been some bad postings about them, but I think it was mostly one guy that had a really really bad experience and made sure everybody listened to him. However, I looked at the new Texas dealer's website Distributors for Lenar North America and it seems they don't have many distributors in the US. Actually, the one that has a website Keats, Inc has them on a special liquidation sale!

I hope this helps

Gerifalte
    Thanks for replying.

I've been talking to their distributor out of Nebraska. He has sold 200 tractors over the last two years. He did confirm to me that the new ones are built by Dongfeng and I think he said the engines were Yangdong? The main reason is price. All the other CUTs are alot more per PTO HP than the lenars. We already have a JD UT that has a FEL. The Lenar would most likely used for Plot mowing and Rototilling. Also Size was a contraint.

John

Tractor
    Jinma 224

I do not know about the newer Lenars, but the ones about 2 years ago seemed like nice tractors. They seemed to have better fit and finish and maybe were not quite as basic/old school as my Jinma. It is ashame the dealers were not plentiful. All of this was based off of short afternoon checking them out at a local dealer (a guy selling them out of his back yard). I ended up going with what I thought was the most plentiful china tractor around, the Jinma. I hope more of these brands take off.
    I don't know if I helped, but good luck!
    Dave

I visited the DongFeng factory in December. I have delt with many chinese tractors and in my opinion, DF is a bit ahead of most others when it comes to meeting needs of US market, In fact we will soon be releasing our new line of tractors manufactured by DFAM to be distributed in mid south USA starting early spring.

Bluechip,

That's great news. Did you take any pics of that factory?

I know they build the tractors to Lenar's specs, so I assume you will be doing the same type of thing for your outfit.

John

Tractor
    Enough

We just put a Koyker loader on a customerís new Lenar tractor that he bought from the distributor in Texas. It was the LE354. When he dropped it off I was shocked at how close it was to the DF354. Obviously body work was different and it had plastic rear fenders but other than that it was close. Fit and finish was way better than the old line of Lenarís. I think the prior Lenarís suffered most form the regime trying to control them but that is in the past now.

Buck
    "People believe what they want to believe, reality be dammed"

"You only fear from people what you would willingly do to them"

EFC,
    That's some good news. Did you check to see who made the engine?
    John

The original Lenars were made by Jaingling who had acquired the Fengshou tractor plant several years ago to run in addition to thier truck/van operation (which really really was a joint venture with Ford as Lenar advertised, well at least the truck plant was). Mahindra bought the tractor plant from Jaingling so all newer Lenar tractors are being manufactured by DFAM and are a different product than the FS274 and JL254II types sold in the past, the engines are also different ad DFAM does not make their own engines, Jaingling did. Mahindra did get an EPA certification for the 385 engine used in the original Lenars so I have been waiting to see some red ones show up here in the states. The Chinese will eventually be blended into the tractor mainstream, much like the Korean tractors are now.
    Last edited by bluechip; 01-18-2007 at 06:03 AM.

Tractor
    DF204,254,254G2,304,304G,354,404

Lenar tractor has transferred from Jiangxi Jianglin to Changzhou Dongfeng since 2005 as Jianglin tractor could not supply tractors also bad quality. Please vist Lenar Compact Tractors - Estate Tractors - Hobby Farm Tractors - Small Farm Equipment and www.df-tractros.com. We are the OEM plant of Lenar tractors. chenzhengguo@dfamgc.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast