Adding hydraulic attachments to a Q.A. front loader

/ Adding hydraulic attachments to a Q.A. front loader

I like the idea, it would definitely be cheaper but would it inhibit the raising and lowering of the front end loader?

Chip, do you have an idea off hand as to the GPM of the KB60 Bhoe pump? I would go out to the shed to look i n my manual but it almost 30 degrees outside and I'm in SC! I could die of frost bite!!

/ Adding hydraulic attachments to a Q.A. front loader #13  
The KB75 uses an 8 gpm pump. the minimum for the backhoe is 4.5gpm You can buy PTO pumps large enough to run a front mount brush cutter. I would think you would want a hyd resevoir no smaller than the gallons cycled per minute, twice is probably a better design although I am certainly not an engineer. On the tractor tank, we circlulate the entire tank about twice a minute. With heavy use, like constanty driving a large hyd motor, you will build up quite a bit of heat in the oil and a larger tank will give it somplace to disipate.

Mounting a front mount safely requires limiting the lift of the loader, i don't remember how high they suggest. also if you get to cutting small trees, remember your tractor dose not have a FOPS (falling object protection) that fiberglass canopy will not hold much of a tree off your head. In fact I think I have seen push bars mounted on the leading edge to push the brush forward and expose the trunk to the blades better.

The best think I have seen for this type of clearing work was a device mounted on the front of a skid steer, it had cabide teeth like a stump grinder and a large push bar, you could go up against a tree, grind it off below ground level then just grind up the tree as you drove forward. Not for compact tractors however...

bluechip said:
The KB75 uses an 8 gpm pump. the minimum for the backhoe is 4.5gpm You can buy PTO pumps large enough to run a front mount brush cutter. I would think you would want a hyd resevoir no smaller than the gallons cycled per minute, twice is probably a better design although I am certainly not an engineer. On the tractor tank, we circlulate the entire tank about twice a minute. With heavy use, like constanty driving a large hyd motor, you will build up quite a bit of heat in the oil and a larger tank will give it somplace to disipate.

Mounting a front mount safely requires limiting the lift of the loader, i don't remember how high they suggest. also if you get to cutting small trees, remember your tractor dose not have a FOPS (falling object protection) that fiberglass canopy will not hold much of a tree off your head. In fact I think I have seen push bars mounted on the leading edge to push the brush forward and expose the trunk to the blades better.

The best think I have seen for this type of clearing work was a device mounted on the front of a skid steer, it had cabide teeth like a stump grinder and a large push bar, you could go up against a tree, grind it off below ground level then just grind up the tree as you drove forward. Not for compact tractors however...

I really don't want a rainforest remover, I just I might be able to fabricate something that would cut the 1 inch stuff. I would think a beefed up version of my medium duty "haycutter" would do the job with a much lower GPM requirement. The unit that requires 13GPM weighed in at 1100 lbs.