Farm Boss

/ Farm Boss #1  

CSAW

Silver Member
Tractor
tc-35 fwd 16la fel,hd bucket, folding ROPS, Deluxe hitch
Has anyone heard of "Farm Boss" tractors? I believe they are Chinese. Someone around here is trying to sell some. They look good from a distance but are pretty rough up close. Are all Chinese tractors "rough" like this? It looks like you can buy them in kit form on the internet. I'm not interested in one just curious.

/ Farm Boss #2  
Farm Boss is the name Tractor Outlet uses for the Jinma tractor. http://www.tractor-outlet.com They specialize in "super savor" kits which the buyer assembles. I have exchanged a number of emails of people who have purchased from TO and have been very satisfied. The fit and finish of the Jinma tractors are not on par with the big name tractors. If "rough" refers to something else, please explain.

/ Farm Boss #3  
You're right about they being 'rough'. However its not really a bad thing to me.
I have a Dong Feng 254 and I was a bit surprised at how poor the fit and finish is. Things like paint runs and scratches, faded indicator lights, minimal guages etc. But the thing is built very solidly indeed. I only have 20 hours but it has been a hard 20 hours and I am impressed at the ease of starting, fuel economy and strength of the drive train and other components. The things that matter are made very strong. Other things like the rear view mirror broke the very first time I touched them (I don't think it was glass but plastic wrap!)
For me, what matters in a tractor is reliability, strong components that fit etc and not the way it looks so much (they all look good to me). The big difference is in the price. At (Aust money) $14000.00 with a loader and a few other things it was still $7000.00 cheaper than a Kubota or JD etc. To me, that is a lot of money!