Yuchai dozer thread?

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #21  
I have one as well (09 NorTrac 3500B). Steel tracked though and no mods like you have done. Just a set of 3pt rippers and smile on my face when I get the chance to use the machine (which isn't nearly enough - also why I am trying to sell it).

Mike

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #22  
I have one as well (09 NorTrac 3500B). Steel tracked though and no mods like you have done. Just a set of 3pt rippers and smile on my face when I get the chance to use the machine (which isn't nearly enough - also why I am trying to sell it).

Mike

Hi Mike Think I saw your ad on Craigslist, Nice Machine. I am trying to decide between a Box blade or the 3 pt rippers? Do those work well for you? any negatives. thanks dave

/ Yuchai dozer thread?
   / Yuchai dozer thread? #24  
I usually try and find seat time as well but usually it involves my Kubota B3200 with BH and an assortment of other attachments. I have just run out of projects for the dozer. It is sad, but not as sad as seeing it sit idle so much - they are like a horese, the need to be worked to be of any use.:D

No that is not my listing. I have mine under Wenatchee craigslist. I also have it posted in the private party ads on this site (here is a quick picture).

Mike

Dozer_right.jpg

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #25  
Hi Mike Think I saw your ad on Craigslist, Nice Machine. I am trying to decide between a Box blade or the 3 pt rippers? Do those work well for you? any negatives. thanks dave

Hi Dave,

The rippers are something I originally purchased for my tractor and then trasnferred to the dozer once I bought it. I guess my first question would be what exactly to you want to do with wither the rippers or box blade - it will tend to make some difference. From a practical standpoint the box blade is the best bang for your buck. You get the advantage of ripping teeth combined with being able to scrape/moved loosened material. The rippers on the dozer we used to pull up some roadbed (deep) so it could be regraded and rolled. But the attachement was primarily was used to rehab old skid roads so nature could reclaim them - something a box blade would not have been all that efficient for.

You won't go wrong with a quality box blade (and also has better resale than basic rippers).:thumbsup:

Mike

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #26  
i seldom use my nortrac dozer (but will use it more when i move to oregon) but i think the 3 point is power up & gravity down, right?
how do you get down pressure on the rippers?

/ Yuchai dozer thread? #27  
You don't get down pressure on most 3-point hitches, so you just add some weight to the implement and then adjust the angle of the rippers so they are pulled down into the soil. That's when position control is nice, as you can set it to raise the rippers if they go deeper than you pre-set.

/ Yuchai dozer thread?
i seldom use my nortrac dozer (but will use it more when i move to oregon) but i think the 3 point is power up & gravity down, right?
how do you get down pressure on the rippers?
As far as I know, mine is the only one that offers down pressure.

Rip 'n Dig.wmv - YouTube