I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1
OK I have tried everything... all levers up, down and all valves out and in and still nothing. I am leaning toward it being the switch (lever) that tells the lift to go up or down or maybe the pump. I did dissasemble several areas of the 3pt and when i opened the cover behind teh piston there wasn't any fluid there. Seemed wrong to me.

Greg

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #12  
Got a schematic to that input valve.. or the entire 3pt system.. should be easy to troubleshoot looking at the plumbing..

Soundguy

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #13  
gsdavis1 said:
OK I have tried everything... .... I did dissasemble several areas of the 3pt and when i opened the cover behind teh piston there wasn't any fluid there.
You're right, sounds wrong. Seems silly to have to ask, but before all this started - did you actually check the hydraulic fluid level with the dipstick?

Or is this Benye one of those tractors where the tranny and rear differential share a universal fluid with the hydraulics?

//greg//

It uses its own fluid. I am going to install an inline guage to monitor the pump although I believe that pump is working OK now. I femoved the line and started the engine and fluid shot out 15 feet. I think I should install a pressure guage and not a flow meter right?

Greg

I do have schematics of everything. It is a very complicated setup.

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #16  
Can't be much more complicated than any other tractor hyd schematics we've seen.

Soundguy

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #17  
Okay, This will sound kinda funky, but this is what works on my jm354. The longer 3pt lever goes up a little further into the split between the lever guides. I have to kinda wiggle it to go up in there, but it goes. Then my remote valve works. I don't know what's outa alignment on the control shafts, I've never investigated it yet. I found this by accident and just pullin' levers out of desperation to try everything to make things work. I don't know if this applys to you, but, that's what helped me. bjr

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #18  
Sounds like something is being allowed to travel to a stop.. but still have pressure which is then passed to an aux valve.. etc.

Similar concept to chaining the lift arms down on an older ford and using the 3pt control to direct fluid out an option or test port for cheap SA hyds..

Soundguy

OK I took the lift off last night and there was one loose linkage so I tightened it up and put it all back together and no luck. Maybe the internal valve itself went bad. Looks like I'll have to disassemble it again.

Here are some pictures of the schematics:

Attachments

• internal controls.gif
    internal controls.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 100
  • valve.gif
    valve.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 107
   / I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #20  
I'm still not convinced draft control isn't your problem. In your website photos, you've got some nice clear pictures of the spring and plunger. The spring is the big folded looking piece of metal behind the operator seat. The plunger is the shiny rod connected to it, when then passes through to the inside of the sump.

Draft control is employed to prevent a ground engaging implement from digging too deep. The deeper it digs, the more the toplink pulls on the back of the tractor. In this case, it's pulling on that spring. The spring in turn moves that plunger, which is connected to the lift valve. When the implement pulls on the spring, the spring moves the plunger, the valve lifts the implement. How HIGH the implement gets lifted is determined by where you have the draft control lever set - that's the outside of the two levers just to the right of the operator seat.

Now. If that plunger linkage is rusted/dirty/stuck, it will be in whatever position the lever was in when the thing locked up. If the lever was down - as I saw in your photograph - you're stuck in full draft. Which means the inside lever has been taken outa the equation.

I recommend you disconnect the plunger from the spring, and see if there's any play in the linkage. If it doesn't move at all, that could be your problem. Unfortunately, I don't know the travel on the Benye linkage, so I can't tell you what "a little movement " might represent. At that point, you're on your own.

//greg//