who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors #1  

jd2210

Silver Member
Tractor
2210 JD
I'm looking into replacing the ol' air cooled Deutz DX120 and was wondering what my options are for the chinese brands.

I came VERY close to importing a Jinma a few years back but the distributer I was dealing with at the time says he doesn't bring them in that big.

Does anyone have a large one they can inform me about? Is there a dealer close to me (Northwestern Ontario)? Probably have to be in Minnesotta, or northern Winsconsin to be considered close.

I'd preffer 100HP at the PTO, cab, loader, 3 point.

I saw a foton at a show a year or two ago, but someone told me they couldn't import anymore because they lost a lawsuit (something because of New Holland). Is that true?

thanks

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors #3  
To my knowledge, the 82HP with the chinese perkins engine is the largest EPA engine from China. Foton, KAMA and others do make 100plus HP tractors. I saw a 140HP foton while I wasin China last December, with dual rear wheels, but alas... no EPA. I see you are in Canada, importing might be easier up there?

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors
Yeah thats what I'm thinking but so far I've only found importers bringing in 82 HP and smaller. I'll give this Jim guy a call. thanks

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors #5  
Mayer Farm Implements

Updated listing suggests two new higher HP units will be imported this year.

Give them a call, they seem to have a good rep here in Iowa.

John

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors
jmacshriver said:
Mayer Farm Implements

John

Thanks for the tip. I actually have some contacts in DesMoines.

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors #7  
jd2210 said:
Thanks for the tip. I actually have some contacts in DesMoines.

Good to hear. I live up the road in Ames.

John

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors #8  
jmacshriver said:
Mayer Farm Implements

John

Now he is saying "New 130 HP due out in 2007"

Enteresting!

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors #9  
I saw (and may have some pictures) some 140 HP Foton/LOVOL tractors while I was in china last December. very good looking tractors...as far as I know no EPA, although they build some big loader/backhoes using cummins and catapillar engines, perhaps they will have an EPA engine in these sizes, but I fear the cost will not be substantially less than other more established brands, because of the engine costs.

/ who biulds and exports 100HP chinese tractors #10  
Just got back from the IowaPowerShow. And MFI (mayerfarm.com) Had the new Foton 1254 tractors with dual rear wheels. It looked nice. He said that they just got here to the states. Asking $51K for it. The Foton 824 is going for $26.6K Took some quick snapshots and will post later.

John