Oil & Fuel Oil filter nipple

/ Oil filter nipple #1  

DOUBLEG

Tractor
Task Master 438
I have a Task Master 438 which has a TY395 engine in it. I want to use a North American oil filter on it however the nipple is too short to accept a filter (Fram PH8A). The threads are 3/4" 16.

The nipple needs to be 1.5" or more long so that I can use an North American filter.

Anyone know where I can get a nipple so I can convert?

Thanks.

Gerry

/ Oil filter nipple #2  
DOUBLEG said:
. The threads are 3/4" 16.
Are you sure? I thought it was metric; 20x1.5

//greg//

/ Oil filter nipple #3  
How much thread on the stock nipple is up inside the filter boss? When I made the switch, the concave domestic filter would barely touch the threads. I loosened the lock nut on the stock nipple and removed it. Then I screwed it into the filter till it had full thread engagement on the filter threads. Counting the threads visible in the filter, that should be about 3-4 full turns. Any more is not really any stronger. Holding the new filter with nipple up alongside the boss I could see that there would still be ample thread left to go up inside the boss. I re-installed the nipple with enough protruding for full filter thread engagement and locked it in that position with the nut.

/ Oil filter nipple
I will see if Ranch Hand Supply will ship to Canada.

My oil filter nipple just screws into the housing, no lock nut or anything like that. So I don't just want to screw it in part way to leave enough threads to grab the filter, I would be afraid that everything would just come undone. Perhaps I could use high strength thread lock to hold it.

/ Oil filter nipple #6  
Perhaps you could add the locknut...

/ Oil filter nipple #7  
Hi Jerry,
I can send you one but, I don't think one of these are going to work ....

Chinese oil filter

I pretty sure I know what you got .... you prob don't have but about 3/4 inch of threaded nipple extending out from the filter head where it screws in.

Shoot me a email ronald@ranchhandsupply.com

Also let me know what the China oil filter number is.

Thanks
Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Oil filter nipple #8  
I have the 395 engine in a JM354 Jinma. I don't remember the exact number of Turn on the nipple. I say two to three full turns. The nipple had a slot on the end and I used a flat piece of steel that fit the slot and back it out the said number of turns. Used a NAPA 1515 (Ford Filter). That was four years and maybe 500 hrs. ago and nothing has come apart yet. bjr

/ Oil filter nipple #9  
bjr said:
Used a NAPA 1515 (Ford Filter). That was four years and maybe 500 hrs. ago and nothing has come apart yet.
Same filter for 500 hours ?

//greg//

/ Oil filter nipple #10  
yea, right. I just meant to say I've not experienced any difficulty changin' filters after I unscrewed the nipple a couple of threads. I change oil twice a year if I use the tractor much, otherwise at once a year. I'm a hobby farmer type and wind up doin' more for the neighbors than for myself. so I don't get huge amount of hrs on the tractor. bjr