new holland skid steer tires

/ new holland skid steer tires #1  

bkcook

Hi

I picked up a new holland l445 a week ago. It is a strong machine it has the diesel not the gas.

The guy I got it from put truck tires on it not loader tires. Does this make a big difference?

It wants to bounce on the tires. I know it does have counter weights on the rear does it need them?

Does anyone know where you can get any used parts for these instead of going to new holland.

Thanks
Brian

/ new holland skid steer tires #2  
Truck tires were likely cheaper than SS tires. More important is their size must match per side. Rear weights will improve the carrying capacity, downside will be faster to wheelie without an attachment on it.

Parts - I'm looking too, specifically the aux hydraulics circuit parts.

/ new holland skid steer tires #3  
On that model skid the chain cases are also the hydraulic oil resivours and to have mis-matched tires is a major sin!!!! I used to joke that with a little laxness on maintence is about a 2500-3500 dollar mistake.

Skid steer or industrial tires are a very hard sidewall tire which helps to reduce the bounce. I've noticed the difference on the same model skid just between the good skid steer tires and the cheaper ones so it is well worth it to spen an extra twenty dollars per tire for the better ones to eliminate the bouncing.