Default Cat skid steer starter relay

I have a Cat 236 that won't turn over. Battery tested ok, cables and contacts are all good and the starter tests ok when jumped across the solenoid. The wire from the keyswitch to the starter will not energize when the switch is turned, so it seems that the keyswitch must be bad OR is there a relay between the keyswitch and the starter?

Thanks,

Rich

Tractor
    ASV RC-100, '07 272c Cat ,Kubota 080 with Cimaf Head, Cat 257 MTL, JD 450c, Kubota 3440 4wd CUT w/ fel

Default Re: Cat skid steer starter relay

Rich did you check the lap bar switch? Are all the hydraulics "off"? Just a few things to look at. Hope this helps.

/
    Quickest way to a SMALL FORTUNE ....Start with a large fortune and buy a MULCHER
    Click here for best deals on $100 Bill Business Cards

Thanks, I did not think of a potential safety switch problem.

Well, that was it. Some vandal unplugged the lap bar safety switch. Thanks for your help! Rich

Tractor
    ASV RC-100, '07 272c Cat ,Kubota 080 with Cimaf Head, Cat 257 MTL, JD 450c, Kubota 3440 4wd CUT w/ fel

Glad to help! I've experienced the same thing myself! but never a switch going bad. Welcome to the board. We all learn from everyones input. Post back often!
    Quickest way to a SMALL FORTUNE ....Start with a large fortune and buy a MULCHER
    Click here for best deals on $100 Bill Business Cards